Lift for daughter - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Lift for daughter

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 10-24-2001, 10:29 AM   #1
dixiedad

Lift for daughter

OK, I've read all the tips about the manly lifts; I have a diferent problem. My daughter has a 94 wrangler and wants to lift it and put on larger tires. (currently all is factory) It is used for intown use only and is driven mainly to school and to friend's houses. It may be driven on short trips; less than 100 miles.

I've been to local Off Road retailers & have not gained much knowledge. Some say use a 1 3/4" shackle lift, some say 3" body lift, one said use both the shackles and the boby lift, others say I need the full meal deal suspension lift. Keep in mind this is a teenager and I don't want to go overboard (to the point of making it dangerous) with a lift or with $$$. I'd rather spent the money on nice wheels and tires if possible. Any and all comments are appreciated. Thanks

dixiedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2001, 11:41 AM   #2
GREGDOG95YJ

my suggestions by tire size:
30" = no lift
31" = 1" body lift or 1" shackle lift
32" = 2" body lift or 2.5" to 3" suspension lift
33" = 2" body lift & 1-3/4" shackle lift or 3" to 4" suspension lift
35" = dont go there
if I were you I would put a 1" body lift on there buy some nice 15x8 polished aluminum wheels and some 31x10.50r15 bfg all terrain KO or bridgestone dueler AT or goodyear ATS tires let me know if you need more info
email me at jason4au@hotmail.com or
you can instant message me with the same address.

"just like all addicts my need to satisfy my addiction far exceeds my wallet!!"
GREGDOG95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2001, 06:35 PM   #3
osburn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I ran a 3.5" Superlift with 31" BFG ATs a long time ago. Add in a drop pitman arm and you have a very well behaved Jeep on the pavement. Add in disconnects and you have a good performer on easy to moderate trails. Not to mention it looked damn good like that too. Hell, 2-2.5" of lift ain't even visible. And she is sorta going for the look right?
osburn is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.