Which lift??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Which lift???

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 09-24-2001, 11:41 PM   #1
yjman

Which lift???

I've decided to go with the 35" BFG mts, im wondering though if i should go with a regular spring lift instead of the soa,im going to be runnin 4.56 gears with a 4.0l engine, im going to be on road more than off road so what do u think, if i did get a spring under axle lift whats the best and what should i do to fit 35s under it.

yjman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2001, 08:29 AM   #2
Pantera

SOA should be a smoother ride, but more work to "put on"... Spring lift is easier to put on, but may result in a harsher ride... I lean towards SOA, but for every SOA guy out there, there is a spring lifter and vice-versa...
Pantera is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2001, 07:26 PM   #3
Cody_91YJ

Go SOA and you won't regret it. It may cost a little more in the long run do to the amount of customization, but you'll also have the benifits of a smoother ride onroad as well as better flex off-road which is never a bad thing.
You'll need around 6"-8" of lift depending on the amount of flex. I'm SUA, run 8" and still rub fenders. If you go SOA with stock springs, thats around 6" right there, and all you need is a shackle lift or body lift.
If you SUA, you would almost have to have both which just adds up to more money.

anyway lol, do what you want to do, and do that the first time...I found that out the hard way. My SUA is great, flexes and rides awesome, but now I'm going to SOA in the near future and all the money I spent on the SUA is gone

Now if you do decide SUA's for you. I really like ProComp. For some reason a lot of people tend to trash ProComp, and most of them don't even have any experience with them. I've had mine about 2 years, with no sagging, great street manners, and about the best flex I've ever seen for an SUA.
Some other good brands that seem to be popular are the RE 4.5" kit and Rancho

Just my $.02
Unread 09-29-2001, 10:40 AM   #4
osburn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I agree 100%. The RE kit is probably the best and most complete. But also the most expensive. The Procomp is about the cheapest lift out there. The only thing the kit is really shy is a drop pitman arm (stock ZJ arm is identical to a drop pitman for a YJ and much cheaper usually). The Procomp 4" lifts are very heavy duty. So if you're running a 4 banger or not carrying much in the way of gear, this lift will likely be too stiff for you. On the other hand, if your running a six cyl, a winch, carrying gerry cans, spares and tools, this is about the only production kit that will hold your Jeep up.
osburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2001, 10:32 AM   #5
rivertrout10

Go with the RE 4.5 inch kit. I have it and it is nice. I have posted info on the kit in several earlier responses - it will cost you around a grand (little less I think) but it is a totally complete kit. I have had it for about a year with no sagging at all. Take a look at their website as it contains a schematic of the entire kit. SOA's do take a lot of mods and just dont seem to be as safe (my opinion). I am sure you would be satisfied with the RE kit.

Good luck.

Rubicon Express

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.