last post regaurding tires i swear - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > last post regaurding tires i swear

NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 04-27-2004, 09:47 PM   #1
Dr Gutiemouth
1997 TJ Wrangler 

last post regaurding tires i swear

mickey thompson classic II's for 99 each...worth it? the backspacing is 3 and 5/8" and the demensions are 15 x 10

will that rim fit BFG all terrains 32" x 11.4

and will this set up stick past the stock fender flares?

please help...im thinking about buying them in two months

[COLOR=darkgreen]Green Jeep Club Member #39[/COLOR]
[COLOR=purple]The Almighty 2" BB Jeep Club Member #2[/COLOR]
[URL=http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/781569/][COLOR=Orange]My Jeep on Cardomain.com[/COLOR][/URL] *outdated
Dr Gutiemouth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2004, 10:02 PM   #2
GrimJeeper91
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Yes, they will stick out past the fender flare. You would be better off with a 15x8 wheel for 32's (and even 33's).
'91 YJ 4.O, Auto, Rr. D60 w/ 35 Spline Alloy USA Axles & Detriot Locker, Fr. D30 True-Trac, 4.56's, 4.5" Deaver Springs, Bilstein 5100's, 1" BL, Rubi Flares, 35x12.50 MT/R's on MT classic II's, Detroit Locker, Vanco Big Brakes, Booster & Master, Warn 9000XDI, York OBA, AA SYE & TW's DS's, Teraflex Belly Up, Rocker Guards...
GrimJeeper91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2004, 10:40 PM   #3
Dr Gutiemouth
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJeeper91
Yes, they will stick out past the fender flare. You would be better off with a 15x8 wheel for 32's (and even 33's).

the 15x8 rims have a 3 and 5/16" back space to them...and a differnet wheel package deal that would be cheaper and has a 3.25" backspace to em so thats even worse right?
...looks like the classic II with 3 5/8" backspace will be my best bet... how far we talking? an inch? 1 3/16" sticking out? i might be able to get away with it right? any reason why 15 x 8 would be better? i think i read somewhere that the 15 x 10 could work too...is there drawbacks of having th wider rim?
[URL=http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/781569/][COLOR=Orange]My Jeep on Cardomain.com[/COLOR][/URL] *outdated
Unread 04-27-2004, 11:09 PM   #4
b(k)ill94xj

a wider rim will break a bead easier when aired down. The wider the rim it doesnt let the tire flex and move as much as a narrower rim. call MT and ask them about the backsapcing because i remember seeing them somewhere with 4 inchs of backspacing. maybe you have to special order the backspacing that you want and not all companies can get it.

Rocks bite hard, but trees just piss me off...

97 Wrangler sport - 2 inch RE BB - Teraflex adjustable trac bar - 3.73's d30 and d35 - 31x10.5 yokhama geolander's - 15X8 American Racing Outlaw 2 wheels 3.75 backspacing - JKS LCA skids - hella vision headlights - Alpine amp and 6.5 type S speakers

94 Cherokee Sport - 3.5 Rubicon Express Kit - RE adjustable trac bar- 31X10.5 Kumho Venture MT's - 15X8 Crager Soft 8 Class III Hidden Hitch - Hand Throttle - High flow cat w/ Delta Flow 40 muffler Transfer Case Skid Plate Removable Doors --SOLD :( :( i miss it so much
b(k)ill94xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2004, 08:56 AM   #5
MSHarnett
Broke Bogger

Yeah its sucks when you blow a bead, huh Bill

I have 15X10 and I wish I bought 15X8. Actaully now that I', getting close to what I've wanted it worked out for the better, I want 12.50 or 13.50 wide tires next. But for you, I'd say get a 15X8 with 4-4.5' BS.

BTW, get the mud tires
Unread 04-28-2004, 10:14 AM   #6
Dr Gutiemouth
1997 TJ Wrangler 

yeah i havent found MT with 4 or 4.5 backspacing...i guess im gonna lose an arm and leg for these things if i get em special huh? any sudjestions where i can find rims that have the backspacing and are 15 x 8, and maybe have tires too? like a package deal?
Unread 04-28-2004, 10:21 AM   #7
Dr Gutiemouth
1997 TJ Wrangler 

yeah i just called them...they dont special order rims...just what tehy advertise is what they make
Unread 04-28-2004, 10:24 AM   #8
Dr Gutiemouth
1997 TJ Wrangler 

oh wait they sell em at 16" im a dumb as$
16X8 5-4 1/2" 4" 3100 LB
Unread 04-28-2004, 12:14 PM   #9
Dr Gutiemouth
1997 TJ Wrangler 

am i gonna have trouble finding 32" to fit 16x8 MT classic II???
Unread 04-28-2004, 12:19 PM   #10
MSHarnett
Broke Bogger

You can find 32" tires with a 16" rim, but they always cost more. Your best bet would be to find a diffrent rim that you like. Here is where I bought mine from.
http://www.wheelsforless.com/
Unread 04-28-2004, 12:36 PM   #11
b(k)ill94xj

yea i knew isaw them somewhere with that backspacing, you could alwasy get american racing rism, they have a rim simalr to the MTII there is also a compny called ultra wheels i think, (made my procomp) that has a wheel similar to the MTII.

Rocks bite hard, but trees just piss me off...

97 Wrangler sport - 2 inch RE BB - Teraflex adjustable trac bar - 3.73's d30 and d35 - 31x10.5 yokhama geolander's - 15X8 American Racing Outlaw 2 wheels 3.75 backspacing - JKS LCA skids - hella vision headlights - Alpine amp and 6.5 type S speakers

94 Cherokee Sport - 3.5 Rubicon Express Kit - RE adjustable trac bar- 31X10.5 Kumho Venture MT's - 15X8 Crager Soft 8 Class III Hidden Hitch - Hand Throttle - High flow cat w/ Delta Flow 40 muffler Transfer Case Skid Plate Removable Doors --SOLD :( :( i miss it so much
b(k)ill94xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2004, 04:59 PM   #12
Dr Gutiemouth
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i cant find 15x8 rims anywhere that has 4 or 4.5 backspacing.. it just int happening...i find 16x8 rims with the backspacing...but no tires to go along with it ..
any ideas?
Unread 04-29-2004, 02:43 PM   #13
Dr Gutiemouth
1997 TJ Wrangler 

any ideas? i need some wheels to go with my lift pretty soon.....will 33" fit on a BB without rubbing? or do i need a BL with that?
Unread 04-29-2004, 05:24 PM   #14
Dr Gutiemouth
1997 TJ Wrangler 

ok...i think im gonna run 33" bfg a/t tires one 15x10 mickey thompson rims...they'll stick out a bit im guessiing but i'll live...some of the rides down here in cbus cant be street legal...tall trucks...low rider trucks whose wheels are out 3 feet and so on....and then im gonna add a 1" BL is this a good set up? is it hard to do?
also
im thinking about buying from desertrat anyone do buisness with them? they got good prices...is there stuff used? i know they have one section where its used stuff....could someone please answer my questions? im kinda lost....

summary:
is desertrat a good place to buy a mickey thompson 15x10 classic II mounted and balanced on bfg a/t 33" tires?
and is a good idea ro have this set up on a 2" BB...
...should i add a 1" BL to the mix or should i wait?
is a bl and lift combo hard to instal correctly? will i need to cut stuff and re mount things or get vibes?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.