Largest tires on a stock LJ Rubicon - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Largest tires on a stock LJ Rubicon

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.comAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kits

Unread 07-13-2012, 07:16 PM   #1
06LJRubicon
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Largest tires on a stock LJ Rubicon

What's the largest tires any one has put on a stock LJ Rubicon. In need of some new tires and I don't have all of my lift yet. Any suggestions???

06LJRubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2012, 07:32 PM   #2
jeepinjeffrey
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06LJRubicon View Post
What's the largest tires any one has put on a stock LJ Rubicon. In need of some new tires and I don't have all of my lift yet. Any suggestions???
with out any cutting 31's is all you can fit, I would wait untill your lift and see what life you can squeeze out of them
Unread 07-15-2012, 07:37 PM   #3
06LJRubicon
2006 LJ Wrangler 

It figures.....looks like I'm spending more money than what I have....thanks
Unread 07-15-2012, 08:20 PM   #4
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

you could always do a 1.25" bl and a mml for under $200, that would get you to 33's on street or 32's on the trails. i trimmed the flares and ran 33's offroad with just a 1.25" bl, and 3.75" back spacing. no rubbing
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2012, 04:28 AM   #5
06LJRubicon
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the ideas, not looking to do a body lift. I have OME 4" springs, so started on my suspension but then I bought a new mower and the better half told me I needed to slow down on the spending....ooops, but I need a set of tires. I seen a set of 285 BFG's on CL for $900, but I see they won't fit without a lift. I guess I'm down to some major butt kissing.....Thanks for the help
Unread 07-19-2012, 10:00 PM   #6
castorriver
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Tell her you got em on sale. That's what women always tell us...
Registered Nurse Jeep Club Member #1 (I think...)

Verse 36: And He said to them, "But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one.
castorriver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2012, 02:44 PM   #7
Jeddy_B
2006 LJ Wrangler 

32x11.50

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinjeffrey View Post
with out any cutting 31's is all you can fit, I would wait untill your lift and see what life you can squeeze out of them
I am running 32x11.50s on stock suspension 06 LJ Rubi with no rubbing at all (unless im doing some major flexing then i get some rub)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.