Kenda Klever Tires - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Kenda Klever Tires

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 06-25-2013, 03:38 PM   #1
peacock08

Kenda Klever Tires

Quick question, I drive a 2008 Wrangler Rubicon, I'm in desperate need of some new rubber. I found multiple reviews of the "Kenda Klever KR29's" A super good priced tire. Are they going to fit on my jeep?

I'm looking at the Kenda Klever M/T KR29 255/75R17
my current rubbers are
BFG M/T LT255/75R17

Are the Kenda Klever's going to fit on my Jeep and rims properly? All the websites I've checked said yes, except one, so I thought I'd ask the experts

Thanks!

peacock08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 08:09 PM   #2
WXman
2001 WJ 

The Kenda KR29 MT actually runs just a little bit bigger than the BFG KM. To answer your question, yes they will fit your JK Wrangler perfectly.

Here are some pictures of mine mounted to 17x7.5" wheels (exact same dimensions as a Jeep JK 17" wheel) so you can see how they look.

Mounted on the wheel, here are some specs:

Tread depth 18/32nds
Tread width 8.25"
Section width 10.5"
Height from ground to top of tire 31.5"
Weight of tire and wheel combined 77 lbs.

As you can see, they are a little bigger than the stock Rubicon tires. Not big enough to cause you any problems though. In fact, most people would prefer the slightly larger sizing.

I got this set mounted, balanced, free rotations, free alignment, tax included on the road for $750. That's hundreds less than the smaller BFG.
imag1626.jpg   imag1625.jpg   imag1624.jpg  
'11 Mango Tango JKU Sport - Mods
'12 Dozer JKU Sport S - 6-speed - ACE rock rails - Max Tow package - Daystar spacers - 33x12.50 Duratracs
WXman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2013, 01:27 PM   #3
WXman
2001 WJ 

Got these on the interstate today and at 70 they roll smooth as butter. Above 45 they get noisy, but no where near as noisy as the BFG KM2s I had. The tread blocks do have a small amount of siping so they should be fine in rain and snow as long as it's not icy. I think they'll perform well in the mud and dirt and for the price I'm very happy with them. $750 out the door for mounting, balancing, tax, alignment, the whole nice yards. They do run slightly larger than the stock JK Rubicon tires so keep that in mind if you're replacing stock tires with these... I wouldn't mix match them with BFGs.
'11 Mango Tango JKU Sport - Mods
'12 Dozer JKU Sport S - 6-speed - ACE rock rails - Max Tow package - Daystar spacers - 33x12.50 Duratracs
WXman is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.