Justify new tires? move to trailer tires? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Justify new tires? move to trailer tires?

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-01-2005, 10:11 PM   #1
Flyingbrass

Justify new tires? move to trailer tires?

My stock GSA 30X9.5X15 GY Wrangler tires are OK I guess. Would they fit on my 16' utility trailer? I think the trailer has a 205X?X15 on it right now. They look like hell and really need to be replaced. What do you think? How much clearance do I need between the tire and the fender?

Flyingbrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2005, 10:51 PM   #2
MSHarnett
Broke Bogger

Well, depending on what the xx numbers are, but let me put it to you this way. A 205/75/15 is equal to a 27x8" tire. A 30X9.5 would be close to a 245/75/15.

So with those figures, you can see your Jeep tires are close to 3" bigger. They may or may not fit.
Unread 01-02-2005, 10:31 AM   #3
igofshn
Locked @ both ends

They should work just fine on the trailer.

[Jeep Pics
igofshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2005, 09:31 PM   #4
Flyingbrass

well

Anyone else want to chime in here. I need some new tires.
Flyingbrass is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.