Just bought a 94 wrangler with 31x 10.5s...what wheels? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Just bought a 94 wrangler with 31x 10.5s...what wheels?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 09-23-2001, 08:25 PM   #1
Capa

Just bought a 94 wrangler with 31x 10.5s...what wheels?

Hi, I just bought a 94 wrangler, no lift, and factory wheels(the ugly ones). But, it came with 31x10.5s. (I'm guessing the previous owner pulled his aftermarket wheels off when he traded it in). Right now, it rubs on tight turns, and rubs easily when backing up. What size wheels and offset should I look for?

Capa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2001, 03:48 AM   #2
bonehead99
1994 YJ Wrangler 

You need to fix rubbing, put new 1 1/2" lift shackles on. I have stock rims with 31 10.50 and 2" lift shackles with no rubbing. They only stockout about 1" past fender flares.
Unread 10-09-2001, 10:05 PM   #3
Jefff

With 31x10.5s, you can get away without lifting. All you need to do is adjust your steering stops. Check thisout.

If you are going to get some quick discos, or are planning to flex at all, then you'll need to lift it. If you are going to spend most of your time on road, then just fix the stops
Jefff is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.