JK Sahara, Tire sizing? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > JK Sahara, Tire sizing?

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-23-2011, 01:48 PM   #1
muddled247

JK Sahara, Tire sizing?

I have a 2007 Sahara. I have owned two Cj's about 8 years ago just out of high school. I ran 33" MT's on both for tires and would really like to invest in some for my Sahara. The question I can not answer myself is, do I need a lift to fit 33's or do I have room? If anyone could let me know I would appreciate it. I have spec'd out some Cooper STT LTs which are very reasonably priced and the size I was thinking of getting are 285/75 16...right now I have the stock 255/70 18.

muddled247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2011, 11:40 PM   #2
RogueSpear2023
2003 TJ Wrangler 

You have room for 33s in the JK in stock form, the JK Rubicons come with 32s stock. If I were you I would skip 16s the reason being is the tires are usually only D and E rated which are terrible for a Jeep, the best size you can get for a JK is a 17" tire, they are relatively cheap and come in C load range. 17s are becoming the new 15" tire size, there are more and more options in 17" everyday and less and less 15" sizes.

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4.0L, 42RLE, Dual Tops, Full Doors, JKS Front Disconnects, Cragar Soft 8 Black Wheels, 33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs, .75" Front Coil Spacers, Bushwacker 6" Flat Fender Flares, Skid Row Steering Box Skid, LubeLockers, Rubicon Locker Mod, OBA, Cobra 19 Ultra III CB, 3' Firestik, Rough Country 2.2 Steering Stabilizer, RC 1.25" BL, RC 1" MML, RC Grab Handles, Fog Lamp Bent Pin Mod, 4" Apline S Series Speakers, Kenwood Excelon 6.5" Speakers, 6.5" JL Audio 6W3V3 Subwoofer (in center console) w/MTX Thunder 202 amp, IPF H4 Headlight Housing, Sliverstar H4 bulbs.

TJ Tech Boot Camp
TJ Specs

"Buying a jeep and not taking it off road, is like buying a dragster and never taking it to the track"
RogueSpear2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2011, 03:20 PM   #3
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Get a set of 285/70-17. It is a popular size for JK's. Put a leveling kit and either wheel spacers or wheels with the proper backspace and you are done.
Unread 03-30-2011, 06:34 PM   #4
XJcruiser
1999 XJ Cherokee 

If you shave your calipers you can fit 15's and get load range C tires.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.