inexpensive 5x4.5 alloy wheels? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > inexpensive 5x4.5 alloy wheels?

1993-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Stainless Steel Exhaust Mani1996-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelBead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-Gear

Unread 03-29-2011, 06:00 AM   #1
melk
1996 ZJ 

inexpensive 5x4.5 alloy wheels?

I'm running factory r15 canyons on my ZJ (5" bs) and am looking to jump from 30s to 33x12.5 (I'm fully cut front and rear, and I'll have proper lift and everything squared away first) but I will need wheels with less BS.

Tight budget so I'm looking for an alloy wheel that is $100 or less each. Soft 8s are cheap but heavy. I'm trying to help the 4.0 as much as I can and avoid steel wheels.

The other option I suppose is to just run spacers, but it's nearly as expensive as buying a set of cheap wheels. Any suggestions on inexpensive alloy wheels? Thanks!

melk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2011, 06:54 AM   #2
CrawlingForward
Rookies Happen.

1995 YJ Wrangler 

I was recently looking as well, and there really isn't such a thing as a cheap aftermarket alloy wheel. I ended up ebaying OEM alloy wheels off a Cherokee (I was looking for 16s)

Find a vehicle that comes with wheels that would work and eBay them. Might be hard to find the correct backspacing, but with a little research, you should be able to find one.

95 YJ, Rio Grande - The Wannabe Sleeper Wheeler
2010 JKU, Islander Edition - The Burly Stock Overlander

- North Shore Jeep Club -
Build/Wheel/Break/Educate/Upgrade/Repeat
CrawlingForward is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2011, 07:02 AM   #3
Dirty Backroads
2005 TJ Wrangler 

There are lots of alloy wheel for $100 or less. No need to go with heavy steel wheels that are hard to balance.

Try this place: http://4wheelonline.com/TruckWheels.1180

The Ion wheels have free shipping and some 15x8 wheels are under $80 PLUS free shipping! I paid $96/wheel for my Pro Comp 7069s. Had to pay shipping though.

Here's the thread about the Ions..

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f15/ion-wheels-1139043/

Yellow Jeep Club Member #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper111
Nothing like going topless with some Kid Rock blasting looking down on the rice boys with their dropped Civics wondering what Japanese steel would look like under the Mickey Thompsons.
Dirty Backroads is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2011, 07:10 AM   #4
CrawlingForward
Rookies Happen.

1995 YJ Wrangler 

I stand corrected. Awesome! I was not able to find any I liked in 16s. (Especially not in the 16x7 that I needed for the tire size I'm looking to run)

95 YJ, Rio Grande - The Wannabe Sleeper Wheeler
2010 JKU, Islander Edition - The Burly Stock Overlander

- North Shore Jeep Club -
Build/Wheel/Break/Educate/Upgrade/Repeat
CrawlingForward is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2011, 11:01 AM   #5
cvd
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Some Costco's carry ProComp alloy wheels, worth looking at. If you are going with larger than stock tires, you probably will have to buy the wheels from Costco and take them elsewhere for tires.
cvd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.