Hubcentric or Not? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Hubcentric or Not?

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Alloy USA and Posi-Lok Cable Axle Disconnect Kits Dana 30 Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 10-03-2013, 07:53 PM   #16
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley3 View Post

Lugcentric are usually fine. I'd buy lugcentric if no hubcentric choices met my needs. I bought lugcentric wheels for my LJ and had no problems.

However, someone earlier posted that most stock Jeep wheels are lugcentric. That is incorrect. Most stock wheels are hubcentric.

That same person also posted there are no advanatges to hubcentric. Well, usually it doesn't matter, but occasionally it does.
Actually I think stock wheels are both hub and lug centric so you are both right.

You take yourself way too seriously in this Tire section. You really aren't the expert you seem to think you are and you are not king of this sandbox. Step back, take a deep breath and relax.

Lugcentric wheels are fine!

Unread 10-03-2013, 08:06 PM   #17
mschi772
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
Actually I think stock wheels are both hub and lug centric so you are both right.

You take yourself way too seriously in this Tire section. You really aren't the expert you seem to think you are and you are not king of this sandbox. Step back, take a deep breath and relax.

Lugcentric wheels are fine!
That was pretty uncalled for especially since you don't entirely disagree with him.

Stock wheels are both in a way, but since they're hub-centric, the lugs don't and will never do any centering. In my mind, the hub "trumps" the lugs.

Anyway, the bottom line here is that there's nothing really wrong with lug-centric wheels as long as you mount them correctly. Not much else to be said in this thread imo.
Wheels wanted to buy:
4 or 5 Turbines, old XJ 5-slot,
KJ 17x7.5 6-spoke, or KJ 16x7 5-spoke alloy

Paying ~$50 per wheel--Classified ad HERE
Have 4 (oxidized) Lace and 5 Eccos for potential trade
Biologist
Dog trainer
Mountain biker
Gamer
Jeep owner
mschi772 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2013, 10:00 PM   #18
Charley3
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
Wow. That was personal and a bit harsh. I feel bad now.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend anyone.

I have a high level of respect for you Biffgnar, and I appreciate the good help and advice you've given me on maintenance and modification topics.
Unread 10-04-2013, 09:40 AM   #19
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley3 View Post
Wow. That was personal and a bit harsh. I feel bad now.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend anyone.

I have a high level of respect for you Biffgnar, and I appreciate the good help and advice you've given me on maintenance and modification topics.
I apologize
Unread 10-17-2013, 02:44 PM   #20
Ed209
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I agree with Charley3 that hub centric is a real advantage when available. For those buying aftermarket wheels and who want hubcentricity, there is a company, which provides most sizes of hub rings - justforwheels.com.
Ed209 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.