how am I going to get my lug nut off now? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > how am I going to get my lug nut off now?

Save at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsECGS Labor Day Sale!!New DEAL OF THE WEEK at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 04-29-2013, 09:48 PM   #1
jawhite123

how am I going to get my lug nut off now?

Anybody got advice for cutting a lug nut off? In trying to get my wheel off I rounded the nut, in my stupidity I starting chiseling away so a wrench and so forth is no longer an option. I can't get a dremel or grinder on the nut without cutting the wheel itself. Any thoughts?

jawhite123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 09:57 PM   #2
JustinBooth52
2006 TJ Wrangler 

weld a bolt to it and then put a wrench on the bolt and there ya go!!
Unread 04-29-2013, 10:01 PM   #3
Showtime3492
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinBooth52 View Post
weld a bolt to it and then put a wrench on the bolt and there ya go!!
this, or a set of bolt grabbers that are used for rounded of hex heads. or you could drill out the center of the stud progressively till it comes off then just hammer a new wheel stud in there..

2000 XJ--- 4.6 stroker. Saved from the grave- everything swapped or modded. I hate this thing :)
Showtime3492 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.