help with tires and wheels - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > help with tires and wheels

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsJK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!

Unread 11-24-2013, 10:26 PM   #1
woods1994

help with tires and wheels

ok i have a 2003 jeep grand cherokee 2wd stock everything. im looking at buying new tires (size p245/70r16) and while i was buying them i thought i would look into buying some wheels too. the only problem is i have no clue what size i need to buy. and when i buy them will the tire size change also (i dont plan on lifting it just making it look more to my liking) . thanks for any help.

woods1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2013, 09:18 AM   #2
apaTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Your wheel bolt pattern is 5x5 and you have 16 inch rims (as designated by the r16 on the tire size). You will need that rim size in a 7 or 8 inch wide rim. You won't be able to fit much larger tires, so I would stick to that size. Also pay attention to the backspacing. Your stock wheels have 5-5.5 inches of bs. A lot of aftermarket jeep wheels have much less bs to fit wider tires , and this will space your tires out. If your going for that look then great, just something you should know.
apaTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2013, 10:18 AM   #3
wilson1010
1999 XJ Cherokee 

You have to pay attention to the offset or backspace if you are buying aftermarket wheels.

Read about it here:

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/...jsp?techid=101
Unread 11-25-2013, 01:34 PM   #4
emilem

i just bout a 11 jeep wrangler and i want to put a lift on it but i dont know a thing about tires or what sizes goes with how many inches in a lift. any suggestions?
emilem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2013, 04:24 PM   #5
apaTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilem
i just bout a 11 jeep wrangler and i want to put a lift on it but i dont know a thing about tires or what sizes goes with how many inches in a lift. any suggestions?
Search the JK forum. Tons of info
apaTJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.