Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Help picking tires

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  danbizzle2009 
#1 ·
GY Duratrac vs Cooper STT PRO.

Yes one is an AT and one is an MT. I ordered a set of Coopers which are on the way, but after learning they are load range E, I'm a little worried they will be too heavy and ride horrible.

I have read other threads for research, but most of which were composed when the STT Pro was brandy new.

Anybody shed some light on their opinion between the two tires, load range, or your preference.

(Daily driver 06 LJ and weekend warrior)

#3 ·
Are you sure they are E tires? What size are they? If they are STT tires I would guess they are C load range. Also I think E tires correspond to 121 and C tires are 113. As far as ride quality it maybe slightly worse than a lighter tire, but don't think it will be that noticeable.

#4 ·
I have had the goodyear dura tracks in 35/12.5...on a 2010 Jeep JK with an Old Man Emu 2" lift.. They wore like iron. They sort of spoke to me when they needed rotated and balanced with a "hum" that went away afterwards. They had too much grip on the pavement for my wife....making the steering very sensitive. I had also had a set on my Dodge Ram 4x4 with the same results....by the way the they are excellent in snow if you have the need and they were excellent off road ...If you have a daily driver, I would suggest the newer BFG All Terrain KO2. The side walls on these tires are awesomely strong while road noise and tread wear are at a nill...an excellent all around tire! As far as Cooper goes...you'll be lucky to get 30k miles before they are bananas...not a fan as I have had few sets of them...this was quite some time ago..so things may have changed by now...not sure...so no insult intended! Hope this helps out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.