Having vibration at 43mph and starting around 68-78 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Having vibration at 43mph and starting around 68-78

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 10-16-2014, 08:59 PM   #1
Agey05

Having vibration at 43mph and starting around 68-78

Just bought our 14' GC overland October 2nd. Drove from Pennsylvania to west TEnnessee two days later. Only 300 miles put on the jeep and it started to vibrate. I thought I could have hit a "pot hole" and bent the rim but It was wishfull thinking. While in TN I took it to the dealer. Dealer stated two tires were defective so they replaced them they put the two new tires on the front and stated they rebalanced them and took the jeep for a ride and the vibration was gone. Drove it right out on the highway and it started to vibrate again. Vibration is in steering wheel as well as seat and all over and the drivers side mirror shakes. On the 10/15/14 I took it to Goodyear since those are the tires on my jeep and they pretty much said take it to the dealer. Today, on the 16th I spent two hours at the dealer for them to tell me it's the "new air suspension" and that's what is causing vibration and its at "random speeds because people don't drive those speeds too often" which I thought was a totally wrong answer because that is NO excuse for this!!! After reading all the reviews I'm starting to think its the tires?? Any suggestions how to push this along to get this over with. I don't have the time nor the $ to spend my life away fixing a brand new vehicles problems non the less I just dropped almost 50 grand on a jeep!!!! This is rediculous!

Agey05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2014, 04:43 AM   #2
wilson1010
1999 XJ Cherokee 

This is shaping up to be a good Lemon Law case. Keep copies of all documentation, only communicate in writing, and let them know that they will be dealing with a pretty expensive solution if you have to end up in a lawyer's office. PA assesses attorneys fees and carrying costs and mandates a full refund in addition. So, if you keep this focused as a dealer problem, don't do anything to mess up your warranty coverage like get your buddy Bubba to put on some aftermarket parts, , you will get this solved or get a new rig.
Unread 10-17-2014, 07:05 AM   #3
WXman
2001 WJ 

Have they inspected the driveshaft? I had a vibe in a brand new JK and it turned out to be the craptastic CV jointed drive shafts they are using now days. Utter garbage and ultra expensive to replace. Also had a buddy who several years back bought a new 2006 Dodge Dakota and it ended up being purchased back from him by Chrysler due to vibrations. He said the dealership literally replaced everything except the driveshaft on that truck. I bet that's what his problem was too.
'11 Mango Tango JKU Sport - Mods
'12 Dozer JKU Sport S - 6-speed - ACE rock rails - Max Tow package - Daystar spacers - 33x12.50 Duratracs
WXman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.