Hankook DynaPro MT Review - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Hankook DynaPro MT Review

Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfECGS Black Friday Sale!!Gear Installs at CCOR Special

Unread 11-12-2014, 08:12 PM   #1
rjbruzan
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hankook DynaPro MT Review

After much thought I purchased a set of these. My old XJ gets daily driver backup and trail duty while being towed behind our motor home. I could not find a lot of info but the tread pattern looks similar to the KMs that were on my old YJ. Those worked great for mud,snow and sand dune duty.
These are 30x9.50 15s. They are a lot bigger than the 225s that were on it before. They measure 29" from the ground to top on the vehicle with 28 LBS of air.
Being new they are no louder then the old Firestone Destination LEs. That said they are quiet. For now?

My current wheels were used ones to replace the rusted originals, same style ratty.
So I ordered some plain steelies, Wheel Vintiques 15x8 from Summit. I painted them white to look like the ones on Jeeps til about 1986 .
The tires mounted easily. The most weight on any setup was 2 ounces per side to .75 on each side.
They track well on the highway at 60-70 MPH. I have no answer yet to wet pavement control.
Here are a couple of pics.

photo-19-.jpg

photo-21-.jpg

photo-20-.jpg

photo-22-.jpg

Its like a fart in a windstorm
It smells good but thats about it

Registered Six Offender
Home of the Buzzin Half Dozen
rjbruzan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2014, 09:37 PM   #2
AntiPrius
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I run the Hankooks in a 33". I have no complaints at all, They ride smooth on the highway, aren't all that loud for what they are, and the price was decent. I also seem to get a lot of people staring at my tires and wheels for some reason too.

That's no joke, I really do. I just have cheap, but nice Ion Alloy 174's, nothing exotic. I really like these tires and they do ok on wet roads, although they aren't all that common in Phoenix, we did have periods of rain recently, and the absence of sipes went unnoticed by me. Off road traction seems good, but I haven't had it out much since getting the tires.

AntiPrius is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2014, 10:11 AM   #3
PhulesAu
1985 VJ 

People stare at the Deer Hoof pattern! I've got'em in 35's. They've been great tires.
PhulesAu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2014, 01:25 PM   #4
WXman
2001 WJ 

They've been getting more attention since they destroyed every other MT available in a popular magazine comparison a few years ago.
'11 Mango Tango JKU Sport - Mods
'12 Dozer JKU Sport S - 6-speed - ACE rock rails - Max Tow package - Daystar spacers - 33x12.50 Duratracs
WXman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2014, 08:37 PM   #5
jeremy04949
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WXman
They've been getting more attention since they destroyed every other MT available in a popular magazine comparison a few years ago.
And the price shows unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
jeremy04949 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2014, 08:43 PM   #6
rjbruzan
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The 30" were 159 each with road hazzard delivered to the house.

Its like a fart in a windstorm
It smells good but thats about it

Registered Six Offender
Home of the Buzzin Half Dozen
rjbruzan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.