hankook dynapro atm RF10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > hankook dynapro atm RF10

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 02-08-2009, 03:36 PM   #1
racerdude_9
1998 XJ Cherokee 

hankook dynapro atm RF10

whats your opinion on the hankook atm rf10 tires? i was thinking about a set.
things like snow mud. tire wear. and if anyone knows what the tread depth is. im sure i could find it with some reaserch but i gtg work on my jeep before sundown lol

thanks -Casey

Unread 02-13-2010, 08:45 AM   #2
priell3
2014 KL Cherokee 

I just put a set on my JK. Been driving in snow ever since and so far, so good.
Pics: http://tinypic.com/a/1lp54/2
2003 KJ
2000 XJ
priell3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2010, 01:03 PM   #3
Mike97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

I like the look of those. 4Wheeler did a test of them when they first came out, they compared favorably with the BFG AT offroad, while being better onroad.
Mike97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2011, 02:26 PM   #4
cheapass
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I have these on my rubicon. Very quiet on the road and so far, good offroad traction.
cheapass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2011, 09:57 AM   #5
The_Gunslinger
2008 WK 

I love mine. They handle mud and very rough trails much better than i expected. Super quiet on road. Not super impressed with wet road and snow performance but then again im used to using blizzaks for like 8 months a year
The_Gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2011, 08:55 AM   #6
WXman
Web Wheeler
2001 WJ 

So this morning it rained again and I decided to test the Dynapro in the wet roads.

I purposefully turned traction control OFF so I could more easily enduce wheel spin. I made some right turns at intersections where traditionally I would spin pretty easily in the rain, and applied heavy throttle. I got less wheel spin than I used to get. These tires really hooked up. So then I came upon a red light and there was no one behind me so I floored the brakes.. nothing, no sliding, just a dead stop. A little later I came to another red light going down a slight hill with no one behind me, so I stood on the brakes and tried to slide a tire in the rain... no dice.

These tires stick to the road like glue in the rain. With all the siping, I imagine that they'll be awesome in the snow as well. They are VERY comfortable in the P-metric size. It's amazing how much more plush the ride quality is with these tires. I mean, really noticeable. So far, I'm loving them.
WXman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2011, 05:02 PM   #7
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

Got em on my CJ7 and love them. Can't beat the price either. A few bucks cheaper than the BFG's.....
PROJECT 23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 11:58 PM   #8
thatoneguyaz
2004 WJ 

Everyone still liking theirs? I'm beginning to research my next set of tires
thatoneguyaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2012, 05:57 AM   #9
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

The only thing I dislike about mine is that they're not touching the ground right now. My CJ7 is currently in storage on jack stands. Other than that I still love them. Love them so much I'm going to buy another one for my spare
PROJECT 23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2012, 07:07 AM   #10
WXman
Web Wheeler
2001 WJ 

1.5/32nds of tread worn in 2,000 miles of driving.

At that rate I'd get about 25,000 miles out of them. Hopefully the wear rate slows down as you go like it does with some other tires. Otherwise, the Hankook would be the worst wearing tire I've ever owned.

Having said that, I still LOVE the tires... love them to death.. And they do have a mileage warranty on most sizes so I wouldn't worry too much.
Unread 02-22-2012, 12:11 AM   #11
thatoneguyaz
2004 WJ 

Hmmm interesting, what type of driving do you do primarily Wxman?
thatoneguyaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2012, 06:56 AM   #12
WXman
Web Wheeler
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatoneguyaz View Post
Hmmm interesting, what type of driving do you do primarily Wxman?
45% city/55% highway

Drive 30 miles round trip to work M-F, and out and about with the family on the weekends. Hit the trails in the Jeep a few times a year. Tow a trailer a few times a year. Just very average driving.

Like I said though, the Hankooks do have a mileage warranty so I wouldn't worry about it. They are the most awesome AT tires on the market right now, and I've used them all.
Unread 02-22-2012, 03:10 PM   #13
priell3
2014 KL Cherokee 

I have over 26K miles on mine. I'll have to measure the remaining tread. They look good to the naked eye. I have a good chunk of those 26K from highway driving.
2003 KJ
2000 XJ
priell3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2012, 05:15 PM   #14
Vwright14
2012 JK Wrangler 

I had those for about 47k miles on my Tahoe in 265/75/16. I rotated the tires about every 8-10k miles since it was free with my oil change. Honestly one of the best at tires i ever owned. I wish i could have taken pics when i traded the truck in last weekend but they still had PLENTY of tread on them. enough the my salesmen thought i had recently installed them. In 7in of snow I didnt have a problem...yes it was mostly flat and i didnt have to use 4lo but i had no problem at all. tested the sidewall out on a few rocks that killed my buddys oem goodyears on his explorer and had no issues. rain was not a problem for me either..maybe due to the extra weight of my truck and tire noise...hardly any. I sold my buddy on a set for his hummer h3 and he cant believe how good they ride.

Im seriously considering putting them on my new jeep when i level it out. But also looking at the falken wild peaks....which are cheaper buy several bucks...but idk yet.
Unread 03-28-2012, 06:03 AM   #15
n8man1068
2003 WJ 

I've been running these tires for 2 years. They're awesome. I recommend them to everyone. I'm so impressed with this tire for my jeep, I'm going to get a set of Hankooks for my wifes van, and my dd when the time comes. The set for my DD is supposed to get 80k miles before they're shot, and the reviews on those tires back that up easily.

I've had my ATm's in rain, standing water, running water, snow, and sand, and they haven't let me down.
03 WJ IRO 3" lift, DT8000 shocks, Addco swaybars, JKS quick disconnects, IRO xfer skid, IRO adc control arms, Rola roof rack, Uniden 510xl+firestick 2, K&N drop in filter, Cragar soft 8's, Hankook Dynapro ATM/RF10tires
n8man1068 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.