Had to replace a tire... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Had to replace a tire...

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-29-2012, 10:19 PM   #1
SDscubadiver

Had to replace a tire...

A couple of weeks ago I was off roading with my 2011 4X4 Grand Cherokee and experienced a blow out of my front left tire. The vehicle has 18"stock Michelin Latitude Tour with around 20K miles on them.

Unfortunately, in the remote area of Utah we were in I could not get a replacement Michelin and ended up having to get a Dunlap A/T Radial Rover 18" replacement. Had the repair shop put the new tire on the rear and moved the rear Michelin tire to the front.

Is there going to be a problem if I continue to drive the vehicle with the new Dunlap? Someone told me you could not mix tires and suggested I replace the remaining tires to match them up. There is still plenty of good tred on the Michelin's and I would prefer to hold off if I can. Is replacing necessary? Is there a possibility I can cause damage to the differential leaving it as is?

Thanks for your thoughts on this.

Last edited by SDscubadiver; 07-29-2012 at 10:21 PM.. Reason: added 4X4
SDscubadiver is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.