Gumbo Monster Mudders. Old School but maybe almost as good? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Gumbo Monster Mudders. Old School but maybe almost as good?

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 03-02-2008, 08:35 PM   #1
jeepcj-7
1974 CJ5 

Gumbo Monster Mudders. Old School but maybe almost as good?

I have a set of 38.5x15x15 Gumbo Monster Mudders 95% tread. The tread pattern is almost like Swamps but minus the TSL. Does anybody still wheel on these tires or should i upgrade the next chance i get?
Thanks
Dusty

jeepcj-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2008, 09:57 PM   #2
MotorGear327
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I had a friend who had these tires on a pickup years ago. They worked great!! I don't even know if you can get them anymore. I would use them if they were in my garage.
MotorGear327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2008, 01:19 PM   #3
njbowhntr
2005 TJ Wrangler 

You can still find them out there. There are still a great tire. There is a chance that they will be on the jeep for my next tire. Being my jeep is being built for a hunting/muddy trail rig.
Unread 03-07-2008, 07:36 PM   #4
captain_ruggy
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Don't use those tires! Send them to me so I can properly dispose of them.

How old are they? I wouldn't use them if they have any dry rot on them. but they are a great tire if the rubber is still good.
Aux. fan switch, homemade BPE's
moved intake, OEM towhooks
Rear disc brakes, JKS disco's
captain_ruggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2008, 02:22 PM   #5
jeepcj-7
1974 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_ruggy View Post
Don't use those tires! Send them to me so I can properly dispose of them.

How old are they? I wouldn't use them if they have any dry rot on them. but they are a great tire if the rubber is still good.
There about 20 years old 85% tread. No lie. They have dry rot but hold air and pull good. Just one problem they dont have 3-Stage Lugs so sidewalls are kinda exposed. Not getin rid of them unless u want to trade TSL's

I like to picture Jesus in a tuxedo T-Shirt because it says I want to be formal, but I'm here to party because I like to party and I like my Jesus to party.
jeepcj-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2008, 05:38 PM   #6
hoseclamp
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I would love to find a set of gumbos in 40's, can only find the 38" radial. I'd run 'em!

JEEPS ARE NOT CARS, STOP CALLING YOUR JEEP A CAR!!!!!!!!
hoseclamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.