Gumbo Monster Mudders. Old School but maybe almost as good? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Gumbo Monster Mudders. Old School but maybe almost as good?

FrEaKy FrIdAy SaLe!!!!NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 03-02-2008, 08:35 PM   #1
jeepcj-7
1974 CJ5 

Gumbo Monster Mudders. Old School but maybe almost as good?

I have a set of 38.5x15x15 Gumbo Monster Mudders 95% tread. The tread pattern is almost like Swamps but minus the TSL. Does anybody still wheel on these tires or should i upgrade the next chance i get?
Thanks
Dusty

jeepcj-7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2008, 09:57 PM   #2
MotorGear327
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I had a friend who had these tires on a pickup years ago. They worked great!! I don't even know if you can get them anymore. I would use them if they were in my garage.
MotorGear327 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2008, 01:19 PM   #3
njbowhntr
2005 TJ Wrangler 

You can still find them out there. There are still a great tire. There is a chance that they will be on the jeep for my next tire. Being my jeep is being built for a hunting/muddy trail rig.
Unread 03-07-2008, 07:36 PM   #4
captain_ruggy
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Don't use those tires! Send them to me so I can properly dispose of them.

How old are they? I wouldn't use them if they have any dry rot on them. but they are a great tire if the rubber is still good.
Aux. fan switch, homemade BPE's
moved intake, OEM towhooks
Rear disc brakes, JKS disco's
captain_ruggy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2008, 02:22 PM   #5
jeepcj-7
1974 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_ruggy View Post
Don't use those tires! Send them to me so I can properly dispose of them.

How old are they? I wouldn't use them if they have any dry rot on them. but they are a great tire if the rubber is still good.
There about 20 years old 85% tread. No lie. They have dry rot but hold air and pull good. Just one problem they dont have 3-Stage Lugs so sidewalls are kinda exposed. Not getin rid of them unless u want to trade TSL's

I like to picture Jesus in a tuxedo T-Shirt because it says I want to be formal, but I'm here to party because I like to party and I like my Jesus to party.
jeepcj-7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2008, 05:38 PM   #6
hoseclamp
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I would love to find a set of gumbos in 40's, can only find the 38" radial. I'd run 'em!

JEEPS ARE NOT CARS, STOP CALLING YOUR JEEP A CAR!!!!!!!!
hoseclamp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.