Gorilla Wheel Locks w/ 17" Jeep Rims - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Gorilla Wheel Locks w/ 17" Jeep Rims

Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion Kit

Unread 07-21-2013, 08:07 PM   #1
jackal624
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Gorilla Wheel Locks w/ 17" Jeep Rims

Hey All,

I bought this set of splined Gorilla wheel locks from Quadratec and was wondering if anyone else has any experience using them with the 5 spoke 17" Jeep rims. The countersunk area on the Gorillas are smaller, and they almost disappear into the holes. Looks like there's not a whole lot holding the rims on. My question is, is there enough of material contacting the rim or are they going to pop off at highway speed?

photo-2-5.jpg

photo-1-6.jpg

photo-3-6.jpg

jackal624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 01:44 PM   #2
nocojeep
2006 WK 

The seat on the lug nuts is the same (acorn or conical) so yes they will contact the wheel correctly. The biggest thing is thread engagement, the lugs should have at least 8 full turns before contacting the wheel, but that shouldn't be a problem because you are not changing the wheels. Nothing to worry about.
nocojeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #3
TJNINJA04
2004 TJ Wrangler 

should be fine not changing lug size or anything....

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.