Gorilla lug nuts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Gorilla lug nuts

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-29-2014, 05:52 AM   #1
96zjlaredo
1996 ZJ 

Gorilla lug nuts

Was just curious how many of you guys use Gorilla lug nuts (lifetime guarantee) as they say they will never rust etc. It seems they all rust sooner or later. Thanks.

Unread 01-29-2014, 09:01 AM   #2
Loadsmasher
1999 TJ Wrangler 

They're pretty nice. A little pricey and the single locking per wheel can be a pain.
Unread 01-29-2014, 09:11 AM   #3
96zjlaredo
1996 ZJ 

Ok, Thanks. I can get a set of 16 plus 4 locks for $53.00 shipped. And there the lifetime warranty ones. Gorilla also has them without the warranty a little cheaper. I just get tired of buying lugs that rust and the locks strip. Thanks again.
Unread 01-29-2014, 09:35 AM   #4
Loadsmasher
1999 TJ Wrangler 

No problem. I don't mean to be the sole provider of testimony but I don't think you'll find too many conflicting opinions here.
Unread 01-29-2014, 09:44 AM   #5
hustler905
2002 TJ Wrangler 

My black ones rusted where the impact socket contacted them. Not awful, but worth noting.
hustler905 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2014, 11:43 AM   #6
96zjlaredo
1996 ZJ 

Do your black ones have the (lifetime warranty) As I said previous they also have cheaper ones (gorilla) but there not guaranteed. You actually have to go out of your way to find the better ones and they say lifetime warranty on the front unlike the cheaper ones. They are quite expensive but found one company that has them for $52.99 shipped. ebay. NEW
Unread 01-29-2014, 04:28 PM   #7
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Unless they are stainless steel, which is not a good thing for lug nuts, how can they not rust ?

Once the plating, chrome or other, is breached, rust will occur. And I can't think of chrome standing up to an impact where the socket bites down on the lug nut surface.

I got these from the link below over 6 years ago. They a solid one piece. You can buy singles or as a set. They have other styles and even black.

http://www.ezaccessory.com/SearchRes...sp?Search=1904
Unread 02-02-2014, 03:33 AM   #8
96zjlaredo
1996 ZJ 

I ended up buying MCGARD lug nuts with 4 locks. They were $52.95 shipped and are guaranteed for life. You get 16 lugs and 4 locks. Will arrive tomorrow, will let you know how they look and work out.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.