Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 04-14-2009, 09:45 PM   #1
Blkdvll
2004 WJ 

Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac

I know it's a new tire, but just curious as to if anyone has them yet.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....1=yes&place=13

Blkdvll is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2009, 09:55 PM   #2
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

theres multiple threads on this...do a search...but i am getting these tires soon tho..they look great

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2009, 10:30 PM   #3
Blkdvll
2004 WJ 

wow...my first jeep forum thread failure
2004 4.0L w/242 WJ - Front tow points, Rear D Shackel, 3"/2.5" lift, 245/75 Falken ATs, Sway Bar delete, Overland Sliders, T-Case Skid, Hella 500's, Halved Bumper, Custom Rad.Core Skid, Soft 8's, MV50 OBA, Hi-lift/lift mate, shovel, (1st)On-Board Cooler, OME S.S., Rola Basket.....more soon
Blkdvll is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2009, 10:57 PM   #4
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

hahah its all good man...i figured i would tell you b4 8 or 9 other people do and are mean about it

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2009, 04:15 AM   #5
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

I wouldn't get them if you plan to ever air-down; they're street-worthy but have fairly dainty sidewalls.
Handle them in person before you buy.

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Hilldweller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2009, 09:50 AM   #6
GrimJeeper91
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilldweller View Post
I wouldn't get them if you plan to ever air-down; they're street-worthy but have fairly dainty sidewalls.
Handle them in person before you buy.
They can't be any worse than the sidewalls on the BFG A/T's (which suck balls)...
'91 YJ 4.O, Auto, Rr. D60 w/ 35 Spline Alloy USA Axles & Detriot Locker, Fr. D30 True-Trac, 4.56's, 4.5" Deaver Springs, Bilstein 5100's, 1" BL, Rubi Flares, 35x12.50 MT/R's on MT classic II's, Detroit Locker, Vanco Big Brakes, Booster & Master, Warn 9000XDI, York OBA, AA SYE & TW's DS's, Teraflex Belly Up, Rocker Guards...
GrimJeeper91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2009, 10:05 AM   #7
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJeeper91 View Post
They can't be any worse than the sidewalls on the BFG A/T's (which suck balls)...
Feel them, side by side. Throw in a General Grabber AT2 also and a Cooper or something.
There are huge differences; you'll be surprised how thick the BFG and Wrangler MTR sidewalls feel next to others.

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Hilldweller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2009, 04:22 PM   #8
KICKER32
2009 JK Wrangler 

I just put a set of these on today.Good manners on the street,reitively quiet. The sidewalls did feel a little thinner than the Dunlop M/Ts I had on but not excessivly so imo.Tried them out on a nearby trail excellent grip in steep uphill and downhill sand.Haven't had a chance to try them out on the real big rocks yet but the smaller ones they feel fine.Haven't had the need to air them down yet.I'll report more as I go but so far I'm liking them they definately grabbed where I was...It's snowing on the mountain maybe I"ll go check it out and see how they do there.

Last edited by KICKER32; 04-15-2009 at 05:00 PM..
KICKER32 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2009, 04:56 PM   #9
LazersGoPEWPEW
2001 XJ Cherokee 

A guy posted pictures of these on his XJ here. They look pretty awesome. Right now since I've seen these I'm deciding between these and GY Wrangler SAs. If they ride nice I think I might go for em. They're cheaper and they got the little mountain snowflake thingy on it. I don't rock crawl so I don't need to airdown.
LazersGoPEWPEW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2009, 06:14 PM   #10
KICKER32
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazersGoPEWPEW View Post
they got the little mountain snowflake thingy on it. .
and the usernamewell done...
KICKER32 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2009, 11:50 AM   #11
binski
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KICKER32 View Post
I just put a set of these on today.Good manners on the street,reitively quiet. The sidewalls did feel a little thinner than the Dunlop M/Ts I had on but not excessivly so imo.Tried them out on a nearby trail excellent grip in steep uphill and downhill sand.Haven't had a chance to try them out on the real big rocks yet but the smaller ones they feel fine.Haven't had the need to air them down yet.I'll report more as I go but so far I'm liking them they definately grabbed where I was...It's snowing on the mountain maybe I"ll go check it out and see how they do there.
\

What size and load range are you running?
binski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2009, 07:19 PM   #12
all3forus
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Well I just got mine installed an hour ago...The ride home was good, about 25 miles from the tires store...They are not much more louder then the BFG's I just replaced...The size I got is 33/12.50/15 load range C...I have many pics to post later...They will be on photobucket in a while need to upload them...Will let you guys know more as time goes...
all3forus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2009, 08:34 PM   #13
mbehr22
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by all3forus View Post
Well I just got mine installed an hour ago...The ride home was good, about 25 miles from the tires store...They are not much more louder then the BFG's I just replaced...The size I got is 33/12.50/15 load range C...I have many pics to post later...They will be on photobucket in a while need to upload them...Will let you guys know more as time goes...
pics please
mbehr22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2009, 11:21 PM   #14
all3forus
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Here is my pics of the tires...
http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn6/all3forus/
all3forus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2009, 03:14 AM   #15
Jeepguy1977
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Another one I saw the other day was the Goodyear Authority AT. Saw the first ones come in at walmart. Interesting looking tire.
Rolled Red Jeep Club Member #7
Jeepguy1977 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.