goodyear wrangler duratrac - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > goodyear wrangler duratrac

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-18-2009, 05:22 PM   #76
lumpster
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

When i got the tires mounted I told them to use clamp on weights on the inside of the wheel and stick ons inside.

The guy at goodyear only used clamp on on the inside lip, thats it. Well the jeep felt funny going over bumps and had a bounce going down the highway.
I took it back to goodyear and told them to balance them as good as they could no matter where they had to stick the weights. They used clamp ons inside and out.

HOLY CRAP, what a difference, i cant believe a single plane balance can cause that many issues. Update on tires, i like them alot better with the duel plane balance.

Want to STOP?

JEEP Co-op parts, DELRIN DOOR BUSHINGS, TRE inserts
lumpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2009, 11:03 PM   #77
glockster
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Lump, did the jump up 1'' in tire size have any noticeable effect on your gearing? I'm getting ready to go with 33's as soon as I get the RE lift installed.

Glockster's Rubihara Build
glockster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2009, 01:02 AM   #78
lumpster
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

not at all, i couldnt even tell. I think i could step up to 33's and not feel like i needed to regear. the short OD on the six speed makes for some serious highway rpm's IMO.

Want to STOP?

Unread 05-19-2009, 09:08 PM   #79
glockster
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpster View Post
not at all, i couldnt even tell. I think i could step up to 33's and not feel like i needed to regear. the short OD on the six speed makes for some serious highway rpm's IMO.
yup....gotta love 3000 rpm at freeway speeds, stock.

Unread 05-20-2009, 08:08 PM   #80
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
still need about a 1 inch spacer,

Looks good. I'm thinking I will go with the 265/75 on my LJ Rubi as well. I have the 6spd too. How do you like the 265s? Also did you get the load range C or E? It looked like the C from the numbers I could make out in the pictures. Would you get the same load range again?
2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Limited Edition #41
6spd manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
...there's very little that is more permanent than a temporary solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep
Go with quality and cry once. Go cheap and cry often. Take your pick ;)
LJ Owners Group member #110
Fargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2009, 04:15 PM   #81
FirefightinWJ
2004 WJ 

Tires look great fellas. I'm planning on throwing a set of 265/75/16's on my WJ once I install my Upcountry springs on top of my BB and when my current Destination AT's wear out.
32" BFG M/Ts on JK 17's

-Devin
FirefightinWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2009, 05:07 PM   #82
glockster
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hey lump, could I bother you for a picture from say the 2 o'clock position looking down the side of your jeep? I would like to see how the tread pattern looks mounted up.

Unread 05-21-2009, 06:41 PM   #83
lumpster
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

they are C's. I wouldnt go with the E for a wrangler. I still like them, i would buy them again as of now, ask me again in a year.

I can take a pic tomorrow morning.

Want to STOP?

Unread 05-22-2009, 09:36 AM   #84
wingshooter2009
2000 TJ Wrangler 

how are the mud clearing abilities?
Black Jeep Society member
Eagle Scout Jeeper #1
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pr...82&ref=profile
Mecklenburg Mudders Vice President
wingshooter2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2009, 09:46 AM   #85
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
they are C's. I wouldnt go with the E for a wrangler. I still like them, i would buy them again as of now, ask me again in a year.

I can take a pic tomorrow morning.
I likely will ask you again in a year. That will be when I'm closer to purchasing. But I have a feeling we will be seeing a lot more of this tire between now and then.

How does the sidewall feel? I know it has to be MUCH softer that the MTRs. Do you have any concerns about them being too weak or anything?

Oh, and more pictures are always welcome. Thats a very nice looking Jeep by the way.
6spd manual

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 05-24-2009, 12:49 AM   #86
btfury
2000 XJ Cherokee 

anybody heard anything else about the alleged weak sidewall on these things? Seem like a great tire other than that from what I've heard... Trying to decide between these and the new MTRs
Silver 2000 XJ Classic, NP 231, D30/Aussie, Chrysler 8.25, C4x4 Tow Hook Brackets, Optima Yellow Top, RE 4.5in SF and RE CA Drop Brackets, 32x11.5 BFG MT, RE HD Adj Trac Bar, OMEs, SYE and front DS, C-Rok Steering Brace, AJs Superrails, Precision 4.56s
btfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2009, 02:27 AM   #87
binski
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by btfury View Post
anybody heard anything else about the alleged weak sidewall on these things? Seem like a great tire other than that from what I've heard... Trying to decide between these and the new MTRs

I've had no sidewall issues and wouldn't call them weak at all. Comparable to the BFG TA in sidewall thickness, but less than an MT/R. If you're doing serious rocks, likely not for you. If you want a good AT, then you might like these a bunch. 1000 miles on mine now without issue.

Binski
binski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2009, 02:34 PM   #88
btfury
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by binski View Post
I've had no sidewall issues and wouldn't call them weak at all. Comparable to the BFG TA in sidewall thickness, but less than an MT/R. If you're doing serious rocks, likely not for you. If you want a good AT, then you might like these a bunch. 1000 miles on mine now without issue.

Binski

Thanks for the info. It's my DD, and doesn't see serious rocks, but I do like to play in the rocks when I go off road. I've got BFG MT KMs right now and am looking to go up a size and am throwing around the idea of going with an AT (didn't get offroad as much as I would have liked to this year). Looks like the DuraTracs are more aggressive than the BFG ATs and would do better in the rocks...
Silver 2000 XJ Classic, NP 231, D30/Aussie, Chrysler 8.25, C4x4 Tow Hook Brackets, Optima Yellow Top, RE 4.5in SF and RE CA Drop Brackets, 32x11.5 BFG MT, RE HD Adj Trac Bar, OMEs, SYE and front DS, C-Rok Steering Brace, AJs Superrails, Precision 4.56s
btfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2009, 04:47 PM   #89
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by btfury View Post
It was probably my questions that made you think the tire has week sidewalls. I have never seen the tire in person. I have only asked about sidewalls because I am paranoid about week sidewalls after cutting a couple on my GSAs in the past. So far I have not heard anyone say the Duratrac had week sidewalls. Only my questioning. So don't be too concerned about them. Listen to binski, he actually has the tires. If he says they look decent and similar to the BFG AT then I would feel comfortable with them. In fact that helps me out a lot to. Now I don't feel like I have to ask about it anymore. Sorry if I started a bad rumor.
6spd manual

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 05-30-2009, 12:31 AM   #90
lumpster
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

sorry about the no pics, ill get them tomorrow morning, I was going over the tires before they mounted them, the sidewall arent thin. The side lugs are actually alot more "usable" than i thought they would be. i have 500 miles on mine and they are still quieter than the bfg AT's. I dont get to go offroad as much as i would like, and i wont beat this jeep up on serious rocks, mostly just trails in colorado when i go out there once a year, ill be headed out to ouray in 5 weeks, ill post up how they do out there. Im not sure but i dont expect to get 40k miles out of these tires, the tread is softer than the bfg's but i like that, i want traction out of my tires, i usually get sick of looking at tires before 40k miles and get new, i know what a waste.

Want to STOP?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.