goodyear wrangler duratrac - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > goodyear wrangler duratrac

2003-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight Dark Background wiOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Wheel Bearing & Hub Asse

Unread 05-08-2009, 03:49 PM   #61
CB3
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

From what I've seen of the Duratrac, it looks like it can do it all, assuming of course that you have a do it all size, especially a do it all width. I think that 10.5 is ideal for versatility, and 11.5 next best. The Duractrac treads looks to me to be as good as it gets for a do it all hybrid tire that offers many sizes. The Dunlop Rover RT is my very favorite hybrid tread, but it's offered in only one R15 size. Notably, the Duratrac and RT are 1st cousins since Goodyear owns Dunlop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binski View Post
Been in CA all week (without my Rubicon!).

I'm still thrilled with the Duratracs. The ride is very smooth and quite (compared to the MT/Rs) The real test for me will be how they do in some of our FL downpours, but unfortunately there has been very little rain here. I'm heading home on a red-eye tonite, and will be on the road with them again tomorrow, but no rain in the forecast! I really don't anticipate any bad characteristics.

This September I'm doing a 4200 mile roadtrip with my TJ and Trailer (with son). That will be the true test for wear, highway, mileage, trails, rocks and even sand and snow!

Binski

CB3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2009, 03:55 PM   #62
Prot
Gold Member

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB3 View Post
From what I've seen of the Duratrac, it looks like it can do it all, assuming of course that you have a do it all size, especially a do it all width. I think that 10.5 is ideal for versatility, and 11.5 next best. The Duractrac treads looks to me to be as good as it gets for a do it all hybrid tire.

I think so as well. It looks like it will do better in mud than say BFG AT but yet still be a reasonable tire for the street. My BFG AT have lots of premature wear, partly because of some suspension problems I had, but still, the duratrac looks like something better suited to my needs. My Jeep is a daily driver, but daily driving also consists of frequent mud holes.
Unread 05-08-2009, 06:22 PM   #63
XJLI
1993 XJ Cherokee 

I read a few posts on ExPo saying the sidewalls are a tad soft when aired down for wheeling duty. Just FYI. Dunno if anyone here can argue against that if they have the tires.

XJLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2009, 05:45 PM   #64
lumpster
2013 JK Wrangler 

i just got 265/75/16's installed today, they are pretty soft. didnt take alot to balance them, but they were trued at the factory by grinding the tread, i noticed all this ground rubber on the tread when i picked them up and they said they "true" them at the factory. something ive never heard of before.
Blaine asked me before we left camp if I'd ever been wheeling before, I said "sure, of course I have"... about 50 feet onto the trail, he said "Wade, you f'in lied to me, you've never been WHEELING before"... I think he was right! :rofl:

Want to STOP?

JEEP Co-op parts, DELRIN DOOR BUSHINGS, TRE inserts, poolball shifters, tierod flip kits

My Goodyear tire experience
lumpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2009, 06:28 PM   #65
CB3
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpster View Post
i just got 265/75/16's installed today, they are pretty soft. didnt take alot to balance them, but they were trued at the factory by grinding the tread, i noticed all this ground rubber on the tread when i picked them up and they said they "true" them at the factory. something ive never heard of before.
If they have soft rubber or sidewalls, that might be a good thing in an R16 tire (to help soften up the ride and provide more traction). My chief complaint with R16 tires is the excessive stiffness (next complaint is the weight).

So soft sounds good to me, if an R16. I don't know what that'd mean for an R15, but I will always prefer an R15 for sizes up to 33" tall. I'd rather have an R16 for 34" and 35" tires, if it could be had in a load C (softer and lighter).

So seeing the word "soft" and R16 in the same post by prior two guys sounds good to me, though I'd still rather have an R15.
CB3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2009, 04:03 AM   #66
Nick B
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Pics of them mounted please.
Nick B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2009, 09:17 AM   #67
lumpster
2013 JK Wrangler 

still need about a 1 inch spacer,
010.jpg   011.jpg   012.jpg   013.jpg  
Blaine asked me before we left camp if I'd ever been wheeling before, I said "sure, of course I have"... about 50 feet onto the trail, he said "Wade, you f'in lied to me, you've never been WHEELING before"... I think he was right! :rofl:

Want to STOP?

JEEP Co-op parts, DELRIN DOOR BUSHINGS, TRE inserts, poolball shifters, tierod flip kits

Unread 05-12-2009, 09:27 AM   #68
all3forus
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Nice looking tires...How are you liking them? I have had mine on for a little over 1500 miles and really like them a lot...
all3forus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2009, 03:01 PM   #69
lumpster
2013 JK Wrangler 

I like them, they are about as noisy as my old bfg AT KO's. They ride better than the bfg's, which were 80% tread when i got rid of them.

Want to STOP?

Unread 05-12-2009, 03:46 PM   #70
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Now im REALLY getting these

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2009, 05:35 PM   #71
Nick B
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Looks great. Are you stock, no coil spacers or body lift ? Any rubbing ?
What happened with the spare ?
Nick B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2009, 06:50 PM   #72
lumpster
2013 JK Wrangler 

no rubbing, a 1 inch coil spacer will be added, i had bfg at's before, i didnt want to spring for a new spare, i will one day, but 743 bucks was enough.

Want to STOP?

Unread 05-18-2009, 05:11 AM   #73
Prot
Gold Member

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I like them, they are about as noisy as my old bfg AT KO's. They ride better than the bfg's, which were 80% tread when i got rid of them.

Thanks lumpster. This is precisely what I wanted to hear without tainting your opinion by asking for it.

Now if my BFG's can last long enough for me to finish the exorcism I am performing on my suspension and steering. I am considering calling the Pope soon. I'm trying to find time to install front and rear upper and lower adjustable control arms, replacing my rear track bar bracket with a better design, and replace my stock tie rod with a chromoly one. I have all the parts, but I have not been home long enough to put them on, let alone get the allignment done afterwards.
Unread 05-18-2009, 10:02 AM   #74
all3forus
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Prot...Still trying to get those adj arms on? If you where closer I would give you a hand...I know how it is when you don't have the time...Good luck and can't wait to see it when you get it all done...
all3forus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2009, 10:18 AM   #75
Prot
Gold Member

2014 JK Wrangler 

I'm on a dive boat in the Gulf of Mexico. My Jeep is parked at my office in Lafayette, Louisiana. My control arms are at Cajun Offroad in Scott, Louisiana. I think you can drive from Oregon to my office and it done before I get off this boat. I got called to come out here 12 hours before my days off started. Recession? What recesssion?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.