goodyear wrangler duratrac - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > goodyear wrangler duratrac

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-27-2009, 06:00 PM   #46
SpaComponents
2001 TJ Wrangler 

they do look great for an AT, several new tires have the 'look' of the sidewall lugs, but these look better than the others

SpaComponents is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2009, 09:07 PM   #47
all3forus
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I have 5 dura trac's in the 33-12.50-15 size...The ride is awesome...Load range is C...We already have almost 500 miles on them...As far as weight goes mine only took 5oz or less...We replaced the old tire that were BFG's A/T...The BFG's were great tires, but we wanted a more agressive tire and the dura tracs fit the bill...
all3forus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2009, 09:55 PM   #48
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by all3forus View Post
I have 5 dura trac's in the 33-12.50-15 size...The ride is awesome...Load range is C...We already have almost 500 miles on them...As far as weight goes mine only took 5oz or less...We replaced the old tire that were BFG's A/T...The BFG's were great tires, but we wanted a more agressive tire and the dura tracs fit the bill...
How would you compare noise level and ride on the street with BFG AT? How are they on the street when it is raining (not snowing) compared to BFG AT? How are they in mud compared to BFG AT?

When I bought my BFG AT, they all took 12 ounces of weight. I had them balanced at multiple shops with the same results. Road Force balance worked the best on them, but I still have a ridiculous amount of weight on them. I was told not to worry about it because that is normal for a 35" tire. Today, the allignment shop told me they could not get enough adjustment to get my Jeep perfect. I told them to do what they could. I then went elsewhere and ordered upper and lower adjustable control arms for both the front and rear. My damn tires have less than half the tread left after only 20,000 miles and are noisier than ever. They are not really noisey, but they are a lot noisier than when I got them. They certainly are quieter than the swampers I had on my 95 YJ.

So I figure, by the time I get my steering and suspension straightened out, my BFG AT will be worn out, so I am trying to get some ideas if there is something better out there for my purposes and the DuraTracs caught my attention.
Unread 04-28-2009, 09:21 AM   #49
binski
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolContractor View Post
So binski, any update on the ride and handling? I'm still trying to decide. Did you buy 4 and keep your stock spare? I'm likin' the trailer.
I did keep the MT/R spare ... figured it was "close enough" for that purpose. I now have over 300 miles on the Duratracs and I am happy with the ride. It is much smoother than the MT/R's of the same load rating (E). Much less road noise as well. A tad bit "softer" in terms of handling. No off-road or water tests yet, but I expect them to do well for me.

I did end up using 1.25" Spidertrax spacers that I had to get rid of the rub. Likely could have done it with a few washers on the steering stops, but I thought I'd try this first since I had them here ... and was reluctant to give up any turning radius. So far, they get a big "thumbs up" from me ...

Binski
binski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2009, 09:42 AM   #50
jonzer12
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Wow these things are cheap!
I called up my local goodyear dealer, royal tire and said 155 a tire (Candian dollars).
I ordered them on spot and will have them installed next Monday at 8am. BFG AT are about 190 a tire around here.

Oh yeah, 31-10.5-15 Load Range C.
Unread 04-28-2009, 05:48 PM   #51
all3forus
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Prot...These tires are quiet on almost every surface...In the rain they are doing very well so far...I switched from BFG's A/T to these, because this last set only lasted 30k miles...But the set before it lasted 50k miles...Since the JEEP needed new tires I looked all over for a tire that didn't cost over $200 and that had good winter traction...As I put some miles on them I will post more about how they handle...If you have more questions please send me a PM...
all3forus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2009, 01:05 PM   #52
CoolContractor
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Hey binski, how much was the rebate on your tires. I went on discount tires direct and the were $192 per tire with no rebates. Does anyone have experience with the KM2's and Duratracs? Are the KM2s worth the extra $30 to $40 per tire (x5)?
Unread 04-30-2009, 01:51 PM   #53
rubiconjoe
2006 TJ Wrangler 

where did u get the trailer? that's pretty sweet!
thanks
rubiconjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2009, 09:06 PM   #54
Crockett
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Hey binski, how much was the rebate on your tires. I went on discount tires direct and the were $192 per tire with no rebates. Does anyone have experience with the KM2's and Duratracs? Are the KM2s worth the extra $30 to $40 per tire (x5)?
I would say most certiantly not. I have about 25000 miles on my Km2 and i will need tires my the end of the summer. I was very disappointed in the life of the tire. the older BFG's lasted forever but not the KM2's
Crockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2009, 06:08 PM   #55
Crockett
2006 LJ Wrangler 

man I love the tires. they ride so good. but i have rotated them whenever i change my oil however i do drive back in forward to school ever week but i have only 25000 miles on them. I will be going to MTZ's next
Crockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2009, 04:22 PM   #56
CoolContractor
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yo binski, update on your Duratracs?
Unread 05-07-2009, 06:59 PM   #57
binski
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yo binski, update on your Duratracs?
Been in CA all week (without my Rubicon!).

I'm still thrilled with the Duratracs. The ride is very smooth and quite (compared to the MT/Rs) The real test for me will be how they do in some of our FL downpours, but unfortunately there has been very little rain here. I'm heading home on a red-eye tonite, and will be on the road with them again tomorrow, but no rain in the forecast! I really don't anticipate any bad characteristics.

This September I'm doing a 4200 mile roadtrip with my TJ and Trailer (with son). That will be the true test for wear, highway, mileage, trails, rocks and even sand and snow!

Binski
binski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2009, 11:30 PM   #58
CoolContractor
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Where in CA?
Unread 05-08-2009, 07:07 AM   #59
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I am gettting these tires in 31s hopefully this summer. I will post a mini review in this when i get them

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2009, 03:47 PM   #60
CB3
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarpWJ View Post
called around, 5 for $875.50 mounted and everything, good deal? 245/75/16

Also load range C or E on a WJ???
If you have the choice, go for load C.
CB3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.