goodyear wrangler duratrac - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > goodyear wrangler duratrac

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 04-23-2009, 04:39 PM   #31
binski
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolContractor View Post
What size did you get?

Mine were 285 75/R16 which is limited to Load Range E ... but that's the same as the MT/R's that I've been runnin for 3 years.

Binski

binski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2009, 04:47 PM   #32
CoolContractor
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I have been looking at the KM2's and the duratacs and both only come E rated in the 285/75 R16. What gives? I'm also considereing the Cooper STT with the D rating. I was waiting for someone with a TJ Rubi with Stock Moab wheels and 285/75 R16's to get an idea for mine. Are you going with stock wheels? What size lift? I installed the RC 3.25" but only got 2.5" which is ok as far as the LCG thing. Let me know if your tires rub, how hard they were to balance, if they ride better than the stock MTR's which I still have. I have 22,200 miles (5 inc. spare) with 28 lbs. and they still ride stiff). Where did you buy them and how much. I have been looking for 2 months now and can't decide which ones.
Unread 04-23-2009, 05:00 PM   #33
binski
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I have been looking at the KM2's and the duratacs and both only come E rated in the 285/75 R16. What gives? I'm also considereing the Cooper STT with the D rating. I was waiting for someone with a TJ Rubi with Stock Moab wheels and 285/75 R16's to get an idea for mine. Are you going with stock wheels? What size lift? I installed the RC 3.25" but only got 2.5" which is ok as far as the LCG thing. Let me know if your tires rub, how hard they were to balance, if they ride better than the stock MTR's which I still have. I have 22,200 miles (5 inc. spare) with 28 lbs. and they still ride stiff). Where did you buy them and how much. I have been looking for 2 months now and can't decide which ones.
I am putting these on stock 2006 Moabs from my Rubicon (16x8, with 5 inches Backspacing). I've got a 2" OME Suspension and JKS 1.25" BL for a total lift of about 3.25" over stock.

Got them from discount tire for $710 (with Rebate) or about $178/tire shipped. I don't mind the E Load rating as I've been running the same in the MT/R's that were OEM. These sidewalls have a bit more flex than the MT/R's, so I forsee a softer ride, even for an E. Will let you know first impressions tomorrow evening.

Binski
Unread 04-23-2009, 08:43 PM   #34
CoolContractor
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks binski, I will be paying close attention to your impression of these tires.
Unread 04-24-2009, 02:22 PM   #35
CoolContractor
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Well binski, whats your take on them?
Unread 04-24-2009, 02:37 PM   #36
binski
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well binski, whats your take on them?
Just had them mounted up this afternoon and less than 30 miles, but very noticable improvement on the pavement over the MT/R's. Quieter, smoother riding.

The MT/R's got moved back to my trailer:

I'll post up my impressions after a week or so of wear in.

Binski
Unread 04-24-2009, 02:45 PM   #37
CoolContractor
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Any rubbing on the front tires at full lock to lock?
Unread 04-24-2009, 02:47 PM   #38
binski
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Any rubbing on the front tires at full lock to lock?
Yes. At full lock I'm just nicking the lugs on the LCA's. I'll try a few washers on the steering stops before I move to the spacers.

Binski
Unread 04-24-2009, 02:56 PM   #39
CoolContractor
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I could live with a little rub, but not a lot. I really don't want to use wheel spacers. Keep us posted on the performance of these tires after you put some miles on them. Air pressure? Those tires look perfect on your Jeep with that lift.
Unread 04-25-2009, 03:48 PM   #40
Nick B
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I could live with a little rub, but not a lot. I really don't want to use wheel spacers. Keep us posted on the performance of these tires after you put some miles on them. Air pressure? Those tires look perfect on your Jeep with that lift.
You could always sell your stock Moab's and get the AEV wheels. They're 4.5" of backspacing which is 1/2" less than stock.
Nick B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2009, 05:48 AM   #41
dieselcrackel
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I am in need of new tires and with so so many choices and reveiws I couldn't decide. I read all the reviews of many tires but couldn't find any for the dura trac's. I took the plunge and ordered 5 dura trac tires from discount tire direct 33x12.50x15 for a grand total shipped to my door for 690.00. They were not in stock but I can wait for them. Tire rack says they have them in stock and 4 of them shipped to my door would have been 625.00 so for the extra $65 bucks to get 5 I can wait.
dieselcrackel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2009, 10:29 AM   #42
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

I'm at a tire shop right now getting BFG AT fixed and I can't help but notice how much wear my tires have after only 20,000 miles not to mention the significant increase in noise lately. So it looks like I will need new tires sooner than expected. How are these duratracs balancing? My BFG's took 12 ounces to balance, even when new. Granted, I run 315/70-17 but still that seems like a lot of weight.
Unread 04-27-2009, 11:38 AM   #43
binski
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prot View Post
I'm at a tire shop right now getting BFG AT fixed and I can't help but notice how much wear my tires have after only 20,000 miles not to mention the significant increase in noise lately. So it looks like I will need new tires sooner than expected. How are these duratracs balancing? My BFG's took 12 ounces to balance, even when new. Granted, I run 315/70-17 but still that seems like a lot of weight.

The worst of my four Duratracs took 4.5 oz. The rest were about 3.

Binski
Unread 04-27-2009, 12:41 PM   #44
GrimJeeper91
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prot View Post
Dude, 12 oz is unacceptable. Did they 180 the tire on the wheel? Steel or Aluminum wheels? I've found steel wheels are more out of round than Aluminum.
'91 YJ 4.O, Auto, Rr. D60 w/ 35 Spline Alloy USA Axles & Detriot Locker, Fr. D30 True-Trac, 4.56's, 4.5" Deaver Springs, Bilstein 5100's, 1" BL, Rubi Flares, 35x12.50 MT/R's on MT classic II's, Detroit Locker, Vanco Big Brakes, Booster & Master, Warn 9000XDI, York OBA, AA SYE & TW's DS's, Teraflex Belly Up, Rocker Guards...
GrimJeeper91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2009, 03:19 PM   #45
CoolContractor
2006 TJ Wrangler 

So binski, any update on the ride and handling? I'm still trying to decide. Did you buy 4 and keep your stock spare? I'm likin' the trailer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.