Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Goodyear Wrangler Authority A/T Tires

209K views 270 replies 100 participants last post by  BlueCJ6 
#1 ·
WalMart has this new Goodyear tire. It's the most aggressive looking A/T tire I've ever seen. Don't know all the particulars yet as all the signage and prices weren't yet displayed on the racks. Only one 15" size, 31x10.5x15. Lots of 16"and 17" sizes in "C" and "E" load ratings. The tire has good spacing between the lugs, almost on par w/ an MT. Big side lugs as well. Don't know anything about mileage expectancy. Pretty sure it's a WMart only tire. Go check it out. Sorry no pics

#262 ·
wwch99tj said:
I've got about 6k miles on mine with no noticeable wear.
The only trouble I had is when I rotated them was getting wal-mart to re-balance them correctly. They didn't balance them to "0" and I got a shimmy, it took me 3 trips back to get them balanced correctly.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL
Ok so after every balance and 5 tire rotation I would get a vibration, I would chase it around the jeep with the spare and it always came back to the same tire. So after many trips back to wal mart to re-balance it always needed more weight :confused: so a couple days ago I went back to have them check the tire for a broken belt or if it was out of round and it turns out one of the wheel was out of round.
I've got a new wheel coming hopefully I'll have no more problems.

#266 ·
I have them on my Tacoma. I stupidly bought the E range tire. It is too heavy for my needs. The tire does wobble at some speeds, not much but I feel it in the wheel if I relax my grip. Overall, the tire wears well and has good all around traction, a little noisy and it picks up stones. Next time, I revert back to my preferred tire, BFG AT. I might even go back to the Rugged Trail BFG that came on it if they made the 265X16 in a 75 section instead of only a 70.

J

#267 ·
I have the authority-- never had any problems- all summer on light trails they treated me well. They do seem to pick up a lot of rocks. They are remarkably good in this high country snow. The siping really grips the ice and hard pack. Local Walmart has free rotations which, for me, makes the price even better: even wear wards off the wobble monkey. My boyfriend (dodge 1500) just got a second set after wearing through the first ones- never any issues-he reports long wear and good times on dirt road commute everyday and excellent traction even at the bitter (bald) end. They are a little loud on the highway in the jeep but that's what the radio volume button is for right?!?

#268 ·
Just giving a status report since the thread was bumped. I've now logged just over 30K miles on my set, having used the same set on three different Jeeps! (XJ, TJ, LJ.)

No problems, love the look, love the traction. If they made them in 33x10.5 I wouldn't hesitate to buy another set once these wear out.

#270 ·
I know this thread is OLD, but I ran these on my ZJ and they were AMAZING. No issues whatsoever in any road condition. On a 4.0L I got about 17 mpg highway (on a good day) and 12-13 mpg otherwise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.