Goodyear Wrangler Authority A/T Tires - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Goodyear Wrangler Authority A/T Tires

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 05-20-2010, 09:03 AM   #61
kadetklapp
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Has anyone ran these in stock size on a WJ Grand Cherokee? I was looking at them last night, and I'm thinking I would like to pull the trigger on these this fall when my Goodyear SR-As finally crap out. I run my WJ stock, although I'm going with a 2" BB at the same time I do the tires.

2008 "Jeep" Patriot <-----Crap.
kadetklapp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2010, 02:07 PM   #62
freedom03blue
2003 TJ Wrangler 

so do you guys think these are a good buy? I mean im looking at getting at least 40k out them. how likely do you guys think that is? also authority or the mtr with kevlar which one would be better for the daily driver looking to get 40k out of them??? Thanks everyone
freedom03blue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2010, 03:09 PM   #63
itsajeepthing10
2001 XJ Cherokee 

well personally i think the MTR is a better tire..it probably will last a little longer too..however the price difference may be an issue...but what i am doing is getting retreads from this place called treadwright.com they are based off of the MTR pattern and they are about $90 a tire for their special kedge grip...i have heard many good things about the treadwear and life of this tire
itsajeepthing10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2010, 08:03 PM   #64
ChargerX3
1998 XJ Cherokee 

So, how about some more feedback. Ive been looking at getting these for a couple of months now, but the Wallmart only idea has me worried. Its either these or some Toyos. Fill us back in guys.
ChargerX3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2010, 08:35 AM   #65
DanZ51
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerX3 View Post
So, how about some more feedback.
Geez, five pages of feedback isn't enough?

I still got mine. They've been doing DD duty and a little playing when I have time. I'm still happpy with my purchase. Money was tight at the time of purchase and winter (and State Inspection) was around the corner. Even today, with a little more coin in my pocket, I would still purchase them.

Although they trails I wheel aren't extremely rocky (or at least not loose rock), I still haven't gouged one. They're wearing good, and should last me until I'm ready for a serious upgrade.

Tires are a compromise, period. Ask yourself honesty where you are willing to compromise.
Unread 06-24-2010, 07:29 AM   #66
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I was looking at these Authorities in WalMart the other day in a 265/75/16. I never realized before that they had the mountain snowflake symbol on them. Have they always had that or is it new? Seeing that really moved them higher up on the list for me. So did the fact that the one I looked at said Made in USA on it.

I looked at both the C load range and the E load range, there is quite a bit of difference between the two. The C is much squishyer with softer sidewalls. The E is also a 3 ply sidewall versus a 2 ply sidewall for the C. So I don't know which route I would go if I got the Authorities. But I'm in no rush and I'm still looking at Duratracs and Destination MTs and even Hankook Mts. Plus others. But I'm keeping these on the list for now.
2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Limited Edition #41
6spd manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
...there's very little that is more permanent than a temporary solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep
Go with quality and cry once. Go cheap and cry often. Take your pick ;)
LJ Owners Group member #110
Fargo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2010, 11:19 AM   #67
ChargerX3
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanZ51 View Post
Geez, five pages of feedback isn't enough?

I still got mine. They've been doing DD duty and a little playing when I have time. I'm still happpy with my purchase. Money was tight at the time of purchase and winter (and State Inspection) was around the corner. Even today, with a little more coin in my pocket, I would still purchase them.

Although they trails I wheel aren't extremely rocky (or at least not loose rock), I still haven't gouged one. They're wearing good, and should last me until I'm ready for a serious upgrade.

Tires are a compromise, period. Ask yourself honesty where you are willing to compromise.
Good to hear. I just have a hard time trusting anything that comes from Wallmart, especially when they are they only provider of it. Good to hear that they are working well on your vehicle. I think i might bite the bullet soon and get them.

PS you can never get enough feedback.
Unread 07-05-2010, 09:28 PM   #68
RHD08Wrangler
2008 JK Wrangler 

Today I went to Wal-Mart and purchased 4 Wrangler Authorities LT245/75R16 load range E. The counter guy said they might not be able to mount them for me but a tech came out and told him it was no problem, afterall, 255/70R18's are stock on the Sahara, and according to his book, the TJ Rubicon comes with 245/75R16 so that was enough justification for putting them on my stock RHD wrangler x mail truck. I hope they wear well. The installation and Life-time balancing were FREE through September. Man did those stock wrangler ST's suck!!! They have about 25,000 miles or less on them (2 out of 3 winters I ran snow tires) and are all they way down to the wear bars and then some. My 05 RHD TJ came with Wrangler GS-A's I think, and they were fine at 25,000 miles, not great tires but at least they had some decent treadlife.

Last edited by RHD08Wrangler; 07-22-2010 at 08:50 PM..
RHD08Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2010, 12:18 PM   #69
ChargerX3
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Well i just picked up 4 of the 31x10.5x15's and mounted them on my XJ. Didnt get hassled or questioned about my factory tire size or nothing. Look great, low noise, and seem to not be wearing down at all. All good news i guess. I took them on some rocky mountain roads over the weekend and so far they still look sharp.

Last edited by ChargerX3; 07-06-2010 at 11:43 PM..
Unread 08-10-2010, 05:23 PM   #70
greedyg76

hey Charger - those look great on your XJ. How much lift you got there? looks like RE 3.5" and are those grizzly wheels off a TJ?

-G
greedyg76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2010, 10:52 PM   #71
ChargerX3
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by greedyg76 View Post
hey Charger - those look great on your XJ. How much lift you got there? looks like RE 3.5" and are those grizzly wheels off a TJ?

-G
Thanks greedy-

Yea, ive got a RE 3.5. Im not sure about the wheels though. Bought them off a pieced together xj that a kid was parting out. You tell me
Unread 08-11-2010, 09:50 AM   #72
greedyg76

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerX3 View Post
Thanks greedy-

Yea, ive got a RE 3.5. Im not sure about the wheels though. Bought them off a pieced together xj that a kid was parting out. You tell me
Same as mine, Jeep calls them the Grizzly and I got them off a TJ Sahara
greedyg76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2010, 11:01 PM   #73
ChargerX3
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Sweet. Let me know when you find an extra one. I need a spare.
Unread 08-27-2010, 08:18 AM   #74
conceitedjake
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I have these tires on my Tj as well...great tires but I wonder if they will make a 33.
conceitedjake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2010, 08:33 PM   #75
etp

I hope to be picking up a set for my WK. I think I am going to go with 245/75/17 to avoid having to install spacers, and since I dont go Jeeping alot, I don't think I need the wider 265 tire. So, what load range should I get for the 05 WK?
etp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.