Goodyear Wrangler Authority A/T Tires - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Goodyear Wrangler Authority A/T Tires

6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.cFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 01-02-2010, 07:16 PM   #46
DanZ51
2004 TJ Wrangler 

So far, so good. They've done great in moderate mud and semi deep snow.

Last edited by DanZ51; 01-04-2010 at 10:07 PM..
DanZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2010, 06:03 PM   #47
Kingpin
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBar View Post
Kingpin.......I didn't have any tire rub what-so-ever. I didn't have to put any washers in the steering stops either.

I'm coming up on 3K miles. I am admittedly a novice Jeep owner, my Jeep is mostly a DD with some weekend trail riding, little or no rocks (Florida is a sandbar after all) and have little to compare these too. When I do reach 3K miles on my Authorities, I will measure and give some indication of the wear, etc. So far they have been a good tire. In heavy Florida rain, they pump water extremely well with no hydroplaning. These tires meet and exceed my current needs but they obviously aren't for everyone.

Happy Veterans Day to my fellow Vets.

JBar
JBar,

I think I figured out what the problem was. It wasn't the Jeep, it was the wheels. I have the Columbia edition '04 which uses a rim that looks like it goes deeper into the wheel well than a standard rim. I got a set of T/As with a 9.5 inch width and they are working well. The Authoritiy tire looks great, I was really excited to try them out, but didn't come in a size lower than the 31 X 10.5s. Glad they are working out for you.
Silver lining for me is to use up the T/As, put in a lift and get new tires and wheels in one shot.
Kingpin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2010, 11:43 AM   #48
98_XJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

After doing a little research a few people have said their Authorities begin to hum around 65mph. Anyone here experience that?

1998 Jeep XJ Limited 4x4
- Rough Country Series II 3" Lift
- 31-10.50-15 Duratracs on Black Rocks
- JCR Offroad Stage 3 Front Bumper

2010 Chevy Equinox
98_XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2010, 12:19 PM   #49
ClimbStuff
2003 TJ Wrangler 

You can get Duratracs for the same price... get the duratracs!
ClimbStuff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2010, 12:34 PM   #50
98_XJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClimbStuff View Post
You can get Duratracs for the same price... get the duratracs!
31-10.50's for $130? Cheapest I found for the Duratracs is $139.99 plus tax, and 60 bucks to mount and balance. Or get the Authorities for $130 installed at Walmart.

1998 Jeep XJ Limited 4x4
- Rough Country Series II 3" Lift
- 31-10.50-15 Duratracs on Black Rocks
- JCR Offroad Stage 3 Front Bumper

2010 Chevy Equinox
98_XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2010, 12:45 PM   #51
ClimbStuff
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_XJ View Post
31-10.50's for $130? Cheapest I found for the Duratracs is $139.99 plus tax, and 60 bucks to mount and balance. Or get the Authorities for $130 installed at Walmart.
I got my 33x12.50's for $145
ClimbStuff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2010, 07:03 PM   #52
DanZ51
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_XJ View Post
After doing a little research a few people have said their Authorities begin to hum around 65mph. Anyone here experience that?
There is some tire noise at 65+ mph. Not bad, and hardly noticable in a Jeep. In a new (quiet) SUV, pickup it might be bothersome, but you're not going to get "quiet" with aggressive tread. The Authority is what I would call borderline aggressive (not a swamper, but definately TREADED )
Unread 03-01-2010, 10:53 AM   #53
spikestrip
1994 XJ Cherokee 

So I just got my new tires on..Goodyear wrangler authority..took em out yesterday for a test run. They did great! I ran them in DEEP mud, water crossings(up past doors), loose gravel, sand, and climbed some really good hills! What a great day! so here is my review..mud-they did awesome, could clean a little better....water-what water?...gravel-lots of traction(i dont drive slow, 25-35 on dirt road)...sand-i think they did the worst in the sand-they really bite into the sand...hills-I was most impressed in this category, they bit hard, I had no problems even where I thought for sure it would get loose! At the end of the day, I did a check on the tires..same air pressure, I could not find ONE nick or chunk(very suprised at that-im a lead foot on hills).

Overall-I would recommend these tires to anyone with a DD on a budget. Great tires for the money. I feel like i wasted $900 on my old BFG A/T's. Those tires have nothing on theseIMO.Im gonna trade them to somebody who needs slicks...lol
spikestrip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2010, 05:04 PM   #54
egodfrey
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

i have had these tires on my xj with a 3" lift and love them so far they have got me through 15" of wet heavy snow...and mud that was around 12-16 inches deep ....did good in wet sand too....for the price i dont think you can beat them ...cheapest i could find duratracs for is 185 a tire and i paid 135 for these in a 31x10.50x15 size
egodfrey is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2010, 09:03 AM   #55
joeyprice

2014 JK Wrangler 

Where are you guys finding the DuraTrac's so cheap? I can't find them less than about $190 around here.
joeyprice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2010, 09:36 PM   #56
deerslayersh
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyprice View Post
Where are you guys finding the DuraTrac's so cheap? I can't find them less than about $190 around here.
x2.........
deerslayersh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2010, 01:47 PM   #57
michaelnewman89
1986 XJ Cherokee 

there ok

the sidewalls are very weak but there ok. oh and the dont do to well in the mud also but other than that there ok.
michaelnewman89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2010, 06:20 PM   #58
deerslayersh
2001 TJ Wrangler 

1000 miles and no signs of wear. still have the little rubber things.
deerslayersh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2010, 07:36 PM   #59
itsajeepthing10
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadetklapp View Post
I'd like to get a set for my XJ this winter. My local wal-mart has one on display but no price or size information next to it. Anyone know if these are available in 30x9.5/15?

I think they look a lot like the Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs somewhat.
The only Goodyear Wrangler Autority tire that is made for a 15" wheel is a 31X10.5
itsajeepthing10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2010, 08:45 PM   #60
itsajeepthing10
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyame View Post
I was looking at these tires also. Happened to throw a ruler on them and it appears they are all a size (height) under what they are labeled. Wondering if anyone else has found a size issue with them.
most tires are..if im not mistaken its a 30.4 almost a 30.5...most all terrains are around there, and mud tires are usually a little closer but almost no tire is exact. To get a tire almost dead on you have to get a metric one for example 265X75X16 (i think this is amost a 32) but as far as it goes thats how they all are pretty much. Also now i may be wrong about this but i think the measurements are before they are put on a wheel with air
itsajeepthing10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.