Goodyear Wrangler Authority A/T Tires - Page 18 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Goodyear Wrangler Authority A/T Tires

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-24-2012, 07:40 PM   #256
evanjeep
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Well in that case ive been seeing more bad reviews on bfg all terrains

evanjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2012, 08:15 PM   #257
madrabbitt

the biggest problem with bad consumer reviews, is that it doesnt take the stupid people out of the equation.

these tires are the perfect example.

The largest group of people giving these tires poor reviews are the rocket surgoens who are putting C range tires on trucks that come from the factory with D and E range, AND a ****ton of torque in the mix.
I dont care what tires you run, that situation is going to tear the hell out of ANY brand.

"When you see someone who needs help, help them. When you see someone who needs a hug, hug them... Help those who can't help themselves." -Sgt Andrew Tingwall, NMSP. End of watch 6-10-2009
madrabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 06:03 AM   #258
Renegade88
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I have about 7k on mine now they run great but I do have some wobble around 65 to 70 mph, they seem to be wearing very well I still cant get over how loud they are I've owned several mud tires that were way quieter than these, I dont mind the noise other than when I travel.

PanhandlePierFishing.com
Renegade88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 12:41 PM   #259
dysfunctionaljd
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I have had these tires for close to 2 years now, and over 20,000 miles. Rotate every 3 months, rotate and balance every 6. Still have about half the tread left. The past 6 months i have been driving them with a spool in the rear, so wearing them down faster than a stock vehicle normally would. I have no complaints, and never had any issues with the tires, have had them in all conditions except snow.
dysfunctionaljd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 12:56 PM   #260
evans2130
2010 KK Liberty 

Just installed a set last night. I have about 30 miles on them so far. They ride great, handle great at speeds from 0-75mph. They do hummmmm a little bit but that is to be expected with an aggressive tire such as these. Had some problems with my local walmart not wanting to mount them and they are a size smaller than what I had, but went to the next town over (25 miles) and they did it no questions asked. I cant wait to see how they do in the snow and on a few trails. I am just upset at my local wally world, it makes no sense to me as why they wouldnt mount them. I would understand if I was going up in sie but I went down in size and they wouldnt do it. But oh well, I really like em so far. Pics to come....
evans2130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 07:30 PM   #261
ARdirty
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by evans2130
Just installed a set last night. I have about 30 miles on them so far. They ride great, handle great at speeds from 0-75mph. They do hummmmm a little bit but that is to be expected with an aggressive tire such as these. Had some problems with my local walmart not wanting to mount them and they are a size smaller than what I had, but went to the next town over (25 miles) and they did it no questions asked. I cant wait to see how they do in the snow and on a few trails. I am just upset at my local wally world, it makes no sense to me as why they wouldnt mount them. I would understand if I was going up in sie but I went down in size and they wouldnt do it. But oh well, I really like em so far. Pics to come....
Had the same problem because I went up 3 inches in tire size. They knew I would have some trimming to do for 2 inches of lift and 31's.

Ps. I've just gone to 4.5" and im looking to swap for some 32x11.50x15s or 33x10.50x15

85% tread rear 90% fronts with cragars, 5 on 5 pattern if anyone in NC would like to do an even swap
ARdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2012, 06:32 AM   #262
wwch99tj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwch99tj
I've got about 6k miles on mine with no noticeable wear.
The only trouble I had is when I rotated them was getting wal-mart to re-balance them correctly. They didn't balance them to "0" and I got a shimmy, it took me 3 trips back to get them balanced correctly.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL
Ok so after every balance and 5 tire rotation I would get a vibration, I would chase it around the jeep with the spare and it always came back to the same tire. So after many trips back to wal mart to re-balance it always needed more weight so a couple days ago I went back to have them check the tire for a broken belt or if it was out of round and it turns out one of the wheel was out of round.
I've got a new wheel coming hopefully I'll have no more problems.
wwch99tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2012, 09:26 AM   #263
DanZ51
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks wwch99tj for posting up what you found with your imbalance. Too many posts just blame the tires and never report back the real issue.
Unread 10-20-2012, 10:10 AM   #264
wwch99tj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanZ51
Thanks wwch99tj for posting up what you found with your imbalance. Too many posts just blame the tires and never report back the real issue.
No problem I'm very happy with the tire otherwise, and walmarts service has been great.

Over 12000 miles now with no noticeable wear
Unread 06-18-2013, 11:32 PM   #265
zetsubou-jeep
1978 CJ7 

I bought a set for my xj Cherokee I ran them in rain snow slush mud and part of a difficult rocky Co mountain trail. I loved them and so did somebody else less than 5 months of running them and they were stolen off of my Jeep it made me sad and angry
zetsubou-jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 10:23 PM   #266
3X4X4
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I have them on my Tacoma. I stupidly bought the E range tire. It is too heavy for my needs. The tire does wobble at some speeds, not much but I feel it in the wheel if I relax my grip. Overall, the tire wears well and has good all around traction, a little noisy and it picks up stones. Next time, I revert back to my preferred tire, BFG AT. I might even go back to the Rugged Trail BFG that came on it if they made the 265X16 in a 75 section instead of only a 70.

J
2006 TJ Rubicon, Custom 4 inch lift with Currie Arms, TF springs, RS9000 shocks, TF High Steer Kit, TF ST Dual rate anti-rock, TF front track bar, Yellow Box speedo correction, Black Rock 15X10 Streetlock wheels with BFG AT 33X15X12.5 tires, Line-X tub, Bed Rug carpet, Tom Woods shaft, Spidershade, Savvy corner and rocker armor, Exogate.
3X4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2013, 04:41 PM   #267
1mtnmama
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I have the authority-- never had any problems- all summer on light trails they treated me well. They do seem to pick up a lot of rocks. They are remarkably good in this high country snow. The siping really grips the ice and hard pack. Local Walmart has free rotations which, for me, makes the price even better: even wear wards off the wobble monkey. My boyfriend (dodge 1500) just got a second set after wearing through the first ones- never any issues-he reports long wear and good times on dirt road commute everyday and excellent traction even at the bitter (bald) end. They are a little loud on the highway in the jeep but that's what the radio volume button is for right?!?
1mtnmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2013, 05:53 PM   #268
LilyBayXJ
Wheels With Moose

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Just giving a status report since the thread was bumped. I've now logged just over 30K miles on my set, having used the same set on three different Jeeps! (XJ, TJ, LJ.)

No problems, love the look, love the traction. If they made them in 33x10.5 I wouldn't hesitate to buy another set once these wear out.
1983 CJ-5 - Stock - Sold
TJ Boot Camp
LilyBayXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2013, 06:26 PM   #269
wwch99tj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyBayXJ View Post
Just giving a status report since the thread was bumped. I've now logged just over 30K miles on my set, having used the same set on three different Jeeps! (XJ, TJ, LJ.)

No problems, love the look, love the traction. If they made them in 33x10.5 I wouldn't hesitate to buy another set once these wear out.
I've gout about 30k on mine also, no problems and I'm sure I'll get at least another 30k out of them...
I would also like to see the 33/10.50 in this tire...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using JeepForum

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.