Goodyear Wrangler Authority A/T Tires - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Goodyear Wrangler Authority A/T Tires

SALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-LoFord Explorer 8.8 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft Kit C Clip ElimStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 05-21-2009, 08:31 PM   #1
jpmike6656
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Goodyear Wrangler Authority A/T Tires

WalMart has this new Goodyear tire. It's the most aggressive looking A/T tire I've ever seen. Don't know all the particulars yet as all the signage and prices weren't yet displayed on the racks. Only one 15" size, 31x10.5x15. Lots of 16"and 17" sizes in "C" and "E" load ratings. The tire has good spacing between the lugs, almost on par w/ an MT. Big side lugs as well. Don't know anything about mileage expectancy. Pretty sure it's a WMart only tire. Go check it out. Sorry no pics

jpmike6656 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2009, 08:35 PM   #2
LalanP111
2004 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f15/new-goodyear-t-777742/ ...look like good tires...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckelhead View Post
It takes care of me and in return, I take care of it. Takes me away from everything I don't want to be around, and back again when needed...
LalanP111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2009, 09:28 PM   #3
Ericwandell
1995 ZJ 

They come with a tread depth of 18/32 of an inch quote for 4 of the 31/10.50/15 is $598 excluding tax if you just want the tire it is $130
Ericwandell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2009, 06:49 PM   #4
jeepmike20
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I don't think Walmart will mount the tires for you tho....I am told they only mount the size thats written inside your door jam.
jeepmike20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2009, 12:04 AM   #5
NiCk-
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepmike20 View Post
I don't think Walmart will mount the tires for you tho....I am told they only mount the size thats written inside your door jam.
What vehicle comes stock with 31/10.50/15?

I know them come in 16 sizes but not 15's

I don't think the Walmart I go to cares. They have over size tire mounting fee's so Im guessing they'll do anything.

RC 4.5" with ADJ. Trac Bar
33" BFG All Terrains on Cragar Soft 8's
NiCk- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2009, 12:07 AM   #6
Jeepguy1977
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Just take them down in another vehicle so the vehicle they go on isn't there ...
Rolled Red Jeep Club Member #7
Jeepguy1977 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2009, 06:39 PM   #7
Heaf

I just purchaced a set of Goodyear Wrangler Authoritys from Wal-Mart. 31-10.50R15. Great lookin tire. I think they are wal-marts private label for the duratrax (they look the same). I was wonderin if any body else had any reviews for on road use. So far they are great off road. I have not had them at highway speed yet, any help would be great. Thanks
Heaf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2009, 08:18 PM   #8
fla_cracker
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I was just lookin at these also. I think they are wal-mart special but they are not the same as the duratraks. They have a slightly different pattern and lak the special pattern in between the tread. Goodyear claims this pattern in the valleys helps clean the tread.

Just my .02

Thinkin I might get a set though in a couple of weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2Fix View Post
"somewhere between really crappy and kind-of-crappy gas mileage."
fla_cracker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2009, 10:09 AM   #9
kadetklapp
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I'd like to get a set for my XJ this winter. My local wal-mart has one on display but no price or size information next to it. Anyone know if these are available in 30x9.5/15?

I think they look a lot like the Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs somewhat.

2008 "Jeep" Patriot <-----Crap.
kadetklapp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2009, 12:23 PM   #10
Walkeraviator
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCk- View Post
What vehicle comes stock with 31/10.50/15?

I know them come in 16 sizes but not 15's

I don't think the Walmart I go to cares. They have over size tire mounting fee's so Im guessing they'll do anything.
Mid 90's Toyota 4Runner SR-5s came with 31x10.50R15s from teh factory.
Walkeraviator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2009, 04:55 PM   #11
08diesel

hey im a tech at a walmart tire lube express. the tire is good quality from what i hear and im going to be putting them on my truck within a week or 2. there are a walmart private label and arent available in too many sizes but you can find out exactly what sizes in the store. also, we can mount tires on your truck no matter what size they are. as long as th tires do not rub and are all the same size(if your not buying 4) then we can mount them. hope i helped you out guys.
08diesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2009, 05:11 PM   #12
M2LJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I was checking these out at WalMart today, the only 15" they have is the 31x10.5 for $130/each.

I am very seriously considering these when my current Firestone Destination MTs wear out (if they ever wear out, these are the longest-lasting MTs I have ever seen!).

Cheers! M2
M2LJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2009, 04:01 PM   #13
M2LJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepmike20 View Post
Jeep owners have an easy fix for that...don't have your doors on when you take it to Walmart!

Seriously, I just got a set of these installed today, and they don't care as long as the tire fits the rims.

Cheers! M2
Unread 08-16-2009, 08:45 PM   #14
BrianI
1998 TJ Wrangler 

So its been a while since the last post for this. How have these tire worked out for the owners.
BrianI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2009, 12:44 PM   #15
M2LJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Here are some initial observations...

These tires are quieter and smoother than the MTs they replaced; but I don't think they are as quiet as normal ATs. They seem to flex a little more than the notoriously stiff-walled Destinations I had on there, but nothing severe, it is just something I have to get used to. They look great on the Jeep and I really question the 'AT' monicker on them, here is a pic of my new Authority (on left) next to my old Destination MT (on right)...

...pretty close, eh? I would almost call it more of a milder MT than an aggressive AT!

Oh, and while this pic may give the impression that the Destination MT on the right is wider than the Authority AT on the left, in reality the tread-on-the-ground width is the same (about 9.5")

Cheers! M2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.