Goodyear Tracker 2 tires - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Goodyear Tracker 2 tires

Warrior Products @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955Advance Adapters SYE KitsUCF Halloween Sale - 15% Off Until Midnight on Friday!

Unread 12-23-2007, 12:28 PM   #1
buubba429x

Goodyear Tracker 2 tires

I am going to be getting new wheel and tires soon. I'm going to be remaining on stock suspension for now, but will eventually go for a 2" BB. Im going w/ Black Cragar soft 8's 15x8, 4in BS with 30x9.5x15. I want a good all terrain tire with a somewhat aggressive look. I love the BFG AT KO but they're expensive so I'm still searching. I saw Goodyear Tracker 2 and Uniroyal Liberators at Walmart for a good price and wanted some pics on vehicles but can't find any at all. Anybody have any pics of either of these? Any reviews?

buubba429x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2007, 12:52 PM   #2
srmitchell
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I've seen the bfg's at tirerack.com for 115 bucks.
srmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2007, 01:09 PM   #3
buubba429x

yeah I saw tirerack, but if I order from there, I still gotta pay for mounting and balancing and shipping which sucks
buubba429x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2007, 01:59 PM   #4
lcarney91
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I dont have any pics of my Trackers i had on my old chevy, but I will tell you that the things lasted forever. I worked the piss outta that truck, and i hated those tires, just because i wanted to go bigger. For the tread life, they can't be beat. For their traction, they suck on anything except dry pavement.

"The ol' family truckster"
lcarney91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2007, 03:51 PM   #5
itasor
2009 JK Wrangler 

I haven't tried either but would DEFINITELY go for the Liberators over the Trackers. I've heard the Liberators are pretty good for a cheap tire and they're not a terrible price.
itasor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2007, 04:09 PM   #6
1996xj
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by itasor
I haven't tried either but would DEFINITELY go for the Liberators over the Trackers. I've heard the Liberators are pretty good for a cheap tire and they're not a terrible price.
I would rather go with the liberator instead of the tracker 2, liberator is a little more agressive and the plys seem to be a little thicker. I believe the liberators are slightly cheaper also.
My roomate who worked there used to run them and was happy with them. Good quality for the price.

I really like the BFG A/Ts but they run about $150, luckly my other roomate who worked at Discount tire gave me another set for free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toates89
i am just gunna drive around in 4lo on dry streets, and peel out
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.0H.O.XJ
I once got a ticket for jerking while driving it. The cop wouldnt let me use his pen to sign the ticket.
1996xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2007, 05:59 PM   #7
creaky70
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I just took a set of 30X9.5 Liberators off my '99 TJ, got 38K out of them, good handling, no cupping or feathering, very little highway noise, very satisfied. I got a super price deal on a set of Dayton Timberlines for replacement, otherwise would have stayed with the Liberators.
creaky70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2008, 07:30 PM   #8
L8APEX1
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by creaky70 View Post
I just took a set of 30X9.5 Liberators off my '99 TJ, got 38K out of them, good handling, no cupping or feathering, very little highway noise, very satisfied. I got a super price deal on a set of Dayton Timberlines for replacement, otherwise would have stayed with the Liberators.
that is what i have on my jeep now (235/75/15s that came with my tj). i have nothing but good to say about them in snow, i live in buffalo so being good in the snow definitely counts
L8APEX1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2010, 11:54 AM   #9
Mihogan
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Ehh, I know this thread is old, but thought I'd put my in, haha.

When I got my Jeep, it had almost-brand-new Tracker II's on it, only about 6k miles on them, and there was still a lot of tread left on them, obviously haha. Anyway, I've had my Jeep for almost 9 months now, and they are almost bare! I go wheelin' maybe 6 times a week, tops, so I'm not sure why they wore out so quickly. My Jeep is aligned, and the tires were balanced, so not sure exactly what caused it, but I wouldnt recommend the tires.

JCOD - Jeep Cherokee or Die!
Mihogan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2010, 01:57 PM   #10
Steven73

I've had both Liberators and Tracker 2's

Had the Liberator Tires on my Jeep Liberty for 40,000 miles plus. They're a good tire, BUT.....they are hard to balance. I always had a bit of steering wheel vibration even though they were correctly balanced. It was the same kind of vibration I had with the original Goodyear Wrangler tires. The tread on the Uniroyal Liberator wears like iron, but they are NOT good on ice and snow. I ended up in a slide off accident because they lost their grip in only a small amount of snow.
I now have the Goodyear Tracker 2 tires on my Liberty. First thing I noticed is that the steering wheel vibration is gone. I have a much smoother ride. If they wear well, and are better in snow than the Liberator, (most any tire would be), then Goodyear Tracker 2's will be a great deal.
Steven73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2010, 01:31 PM   #11
rfjeeper

2007 JK Wrangler 

When i had my s-10 blazer i put a set of 31/10.50/15 liberators on it from the local walmart and i loved these tires,they were great in snow and less money then goodyears, and they wore really nice,an all around good tire except in mud,but they were not designed to be a mud tire,I have the goodyear sr-a tires on my current GC and i donot like them at all but since i plan on 4in. lift and bigger tires i will live with them for now
rfjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.