goodyear mtr's - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > goodyear mtr's

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 12-25-2008, 05:10 PM   #1
TJSport01
2001 TJ Wrangler 

goodyear mtr's

i have done alot of research and had a few threads getting info for my upcoming tire purchase, but i still have a few questions. i have decided to go with the goodyear mtr's 35x12.50x15 on tire rack they have one rated p and one rated q if i remember correctly one has the ability to be studded and the other doesnt which one should i get? also i am interested in getting them siped because i will be doing alot of winter driving what is the best way to do this? is there somewhere i should be shopping or should i just find the cheapest ones i can on the internet?? i am also looking into brake upgrades i know this isnt tire tech so i hope you dont mind, i might be able to scrape up enough funds for either a vanco kit, a vanco booster, or a rear disc swap, which one will i get the most improvement from if i can only do one for now
thanks for all the help i hope to order the tires in the next few days

2001 Jeep TJ, 1in JKS Body Lift, 35x12.50x15in Goodyear Mtr's and a RE 4.5 SF with AA sye, tom woods custom cv drive shaft, tnt tube fenders w/3in flares and flush mounted led turn signals, 1in mml, cobra cb and firestik, custom rock sliders, herced, trail scars

Looking for 4.88s (R&P) for a d44/d30 PM me
TJSport01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2008, 01:17 PM   #2
TJSport01
2001 TJ Wrangler 

31 views and not one opinion??? ttt
2001 Jeep TJ, 1in JKS Body Lift, 35x12.50x15in Goodyear Mtr's and a RE 4.5 SF with AA sye, tom woods custom cv drive shaft, tnt tube fenders w/3in flares and flush mounted led turn signals, 1in mml, cobra cb and firestik, custom rock sliders, herced, trail scars

Unread 12-26-2008, 05:38 PM   #3
bebout
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Well here's mine. Don't get the MT/R's if you do any hardcore offroading. I had a set and punctured a sidewall too easy. I would go with the KM2's or Toyo M/T.
bebout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2008, 07:57 PM   #4
GrimJeeper91
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Actually MT/R's have extremely tough sidewalls. Until the Krawlers came out the MT/R's dominated the rock crawling crowd. Way tougher sidewalls then BFG M/T's (the original ones) and don't even talk about the A/T, there sidewalls are like glass. The new M/T's (KM2's) are suppose to have tougher sidewalls, but I haven't run with anyone that has them yet.
'91 YJ 4.O, Auto, Rr. D60 w/ 35 Spline Alloy USA Axles & Detriot Locker, Fr. D30 True-Trac, 4.56's, 4.5" Deaver Springs, Bilstein 5100's, 1" BL, Rubi Flares, 35x12.50 MT/R's on MT classic II's, Detroit Locker, Vanco Big Brakes, Booster & Master, Warn 9000XDI, York OBA, AA SYE & TW's DS's, Teraflex Belly Up, Rocker Guards...
GrimJeeper91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2008, 03:30 AM   #5
TJSport01
2001 TJ Wrangler 

not worried about the sidewalls just how they will perform on some ice i was on pirate looking also and have been told to look at the iroks any reviews on those in a little bit of ice and snow?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.