goodyear mtr's - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > goodyear mtr's

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 12-25-2008, 04:10 PM   #1
TJSport01
2001 TJ Wrangler 

goodyear mtr's

i have done alot of research and had a few threads getting info for my upcoming tire purchase, but i still have a few questions. i have decided to go with the goodyear mtr's 35x12.50x15 on tire rack they have one rated p and one rated q if i remember correctly one has the ability to be studded and the other doesnt which one should i get? also i am interested in getting them siped because i will be doing alot of winter driving what is the best way to do this? is there somewhere i should be shopping or should i just find the cheapest ones i can on the internet?? i am also looking into brake upgrades i know this isnt tire tech so i hope you dont mind, i might be able to scrape up enough funds for either a vanco kit, a vanco booster, or a rear disc swap, which one will i get the most improvement from if i can only do one for now
thanks for all the help i hope to order the tires in the next few days

2001 Jeep TJ, 1in JKS Body Lift, 35x12.50x15in Goodyear Mtr's and a RE 4.5 SF with AA sye, tom woods custom cv drive shaft, tnt tube fenders w/3in flares and flush mounted led turn signals, 1in mml, cobra cb and firestik, custom rock sliders, herced, trail scars

Looking for 4.88s (R&P) for a d44/d30 PM me
TJSport01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2008, 12:17 PM   #2
TJSport01
2001 TJ Wrangler 

31 views and not one opinion??? ttt
2001 Jeep TJ, 1in JKS Body Lift, 35x12.50x15in Goodyear Mtr's and a RE 4.5 SF with AA sye, tom woods custom cv drive shaft, tnt tube fenders w/3in flares and flush mounted led turn signals, 1in mml, cobra cb and firestik, custom rock sliders, herced, trail scars

Unread 12-26-2008, 04:38 PM   #3
bebout
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Well here's mine. Don't get the MT/R's if you do any hardcore offroading. I had a set and punctured a sidewall too easy. I would go with the KM2's or Toyo M/T.
bebout is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2008, 06:57 PM   #4
GrimJeeper91
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Actually MT/R's have extremely tough sidewalls. Until the Krawlers came out the MT/R's dominated the rock crawling crowd. Way tougher sidewalls then BFG M/T's (the original ones) and don't even talk about the A/T, there sidewalls are like glass. The new M/T's (KM2's) are suppose to have tougher sidewalls, but I haven't run with anyone that has them yet.
'91 YJ 4.O, Auto, Rr. D60 w/ 35 Spline Alloy USA Axles & Detriot Locker, Fr. D30 True-Trac, 4.56's, 4.5" Deaver Springs, Bilstein 5100's, 1" BL, Rubi Flares, 35x12.50 MT/R's on MT classic II's, Detroit Locker, Vanco Big Brakes, Booster & Master, Warn 9000XDI, York OBA, AA SYE & TW's DS's, Teraflex Belly Up, Rocker Guards...
GrimJeeper91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2008, 02:30 AM   #5
TJSport01
2001 TJ Wrangler 

not worried about the sidewalls just how they will perform on some ice i was on pirate looking also and have been told to look at the iroks any reviews on those in a little bit of ice and snow?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.