Goodyear MT/R w kevlar - Page 73 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Goodyear MT/R w kevlar

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-02-2011, 09:10 AM   #1081
mudmobeeler

Yeah I've had a couple sets of the bfg ats and loved them. I highly recommend them for anybody looking for some aggressive ats. I plan on running them on any daily driven 4x4. Just want an mt for the blazer this time.

88 Chevy Blazer, PAID FOR! Four inch front springs, greaseable front spring bushings, Offroad Design front shackles, Offroad Design rear 4 in shackle flip. Stock drivetrain with som 35 12.50 BFG KM2s. Lots of trail help on paint and body work.
mudmobeeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2011, 01:40 PM   #1082
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Went into Discount Tire this afternoon and got the tires ordered. I got lucky, they are on backorder but there were 4 in state. It would also appear Goodyear is offering the 33" Kevlar with black lettering now, however they are a bit more expensive per tire, which brought the total up to 1072$. They should be here next week!

Once I get them I'll confirm they are black lettering.

CU Boulder Aerospace Engineering
freeskier93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2011, 01:43 PM   #1083
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeskier93 View Post
Went into Discount Tire this afternoon and got the tires ordered. I got lucky, they are on backorder but there were 4 in state. It would also appear Goodyear is offering the 33" Kevlar with black lettering now, however they are a bit more expensive per tire, which brought the total up to 1072$. They should be here next week!

Mine are black lettering 33's... Of course, they were originally white, but a little leather dye did the trick. 10 minutes and they're mounted correctly and with black letters--and cheaper.
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2011, 01:47 PM   #1084
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillathrilla View Post
Mine are black lettering 33's... Of course, they were originally white, but a little leather dye did the trick. 10 minutes and they're mounted correctly and with black letters--and cheaper.
I would have gone white lettering to save money, but who knows how long I would have had to wait. There were 2 white letters at Goodyear in Denver, but I would have had to wait a long time time for 2 more since they are on backorder. The set of 4 in Grand Junction were black lettering.

Plus the salesman was nice and cut the difference in half to an extra 5$ a tire instead of 10$. Plus I still get the 100$ rebate so....

Of course if I go to pick the jeep up and they're white lettering I'll demand my 20$ back!

Unread 09-02-2011, 05:19 PM   #1085
1badxj
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Just ordered my set of 4-33's from 4Wheel Parts........$1011 w/tire warranty!!! Should be here by Friday next week!!!
New Toy: 2005 Rubihara #111 of 1000
Wife's: 2005 Liberty CRD
2.5"lift, Rock Lizard rock rails, Front True Trac, Rear Powertrax N0-Slip locker, & 31" Duratracs on 15x7 rock crawler rims
Tow Rig: 2003 Silver Reg. Cab Dodge 2500 2wd
5.9 Cummins (lots of mods) dyno proven 550+rwhp
1badxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2011, 06:17 PM   #1086
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
Mine do very well, But I have only had them out one time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillathrilla View Post
In my experience, they clean out VERY well! Unfortunately, on more than one occasion, they cleaned out better than I had hoped they would. You'll be fine in a WJ, but I had mud that was being thrown from the tread coming back at me from the rear! lol... Even got some on the inside of the windshield from the rear tires.
Thanks for the feedback guys. Can't wait to get some of these kevlars!

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2011, 02:20 PM   #1087
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Argh, I got a call from discount tire saying the tires were here, but when I went over there they said they made a mistake in calling because only 3 were there, the 4th is still MIA. They don't know why the 4th is on a different truck. I could see the 3 stacked next to the observation window though and I was drooling the whole time.

I'll bet tomorrow the other shows up.

Unread 09-07-2011, 07:34 PM   #1088
KKiowaTJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

You will be disappointed with them. Id pick a different tire before you own them. Some thornbirds would be alot better on and off road.

I had to wait when i got them a couple years ago now IIRC, But well worth it. They kick *** off road and the sidewall has held up great with no rash but some minor chunking and rounding of the lugs.

When they show up and you get them mounted, Make sure they get them perfect the first time around. The tire will have a dot from the factory marking the heavy spot in the tire and if they have to break it down oh well. When you get them balanced within 4oz they are like glass. I have up to 8oz on a couple and can notice a big difference. Good luck either way
Unread 09-08-2011, 02:45 PM   #1089
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Well, unsurprisingly they're white letters, and of course they gave me 20$ bucks back. Look good though, just need to get rid of the stupid spice windows, cold weather came sooner than expected.

Unread 09-08-2011, 05:00 PM   #1090
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudmobeeler View Post
Just want an mt for the blazer this time.
Get the KM2 then, it's a MT. The MT/R isn't a MT.

MT/R = Maximum Traction/Reinforced

It's a rock tire.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2011, 10:39 AM   #1091
ourlee
2001 TJ Wrangler 

these are still considerable more than duratracs.
Unread 09-09-2011, 11:01 AM   #1092
sardog12
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Get the KM2 then, it's a MT. The MT/R isn't a MT.

MT/R = Maximum Traction/Reinforced

It's a rock tire.
This may be true but they do work pretty well in the mud. MUCH better than the previous tread pattern and better than most MT's out there.
Unread 09-09-2011, 11:04 AM   #1093
jeepinmichguy_
I haz ah Geep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

You are paying way to much for those tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepForum123 View Post
you all have nice rigs, stop being f****** a**holes.
jeepinmichguy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2011, 11:25 AM   #1094
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy_

I know you could find them a bit cheaper online, but I got them with a 100 rebate for labor day. By the time you put together the full cost of getting them on the jeep it all came about the same and discount tire was most convenient. Plus I got 20 cash back since they weren't black lettering.

If it weren't for the rebate I would have bought somewhere else.

I could go through all the pricing I came up with while researching but that would probably bore you.

Unread 09-09-2011, 11:45 AM   #1095
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy_ View Post
Personally, I disagree. I found them cheaper online too but all of the shops around here charged twice as much for mounting/balancing if you bring your own tires in versus ordering through them. I paid $1050 for (4) 33x12.50x15's with lifetime rotation and re-balance. It was worth it.

Quote:
I know you could find them a bit cheaper online, but I got them with a 100 rebate for labor day. By the time you put together the full cost of getting them on the jeep it all came about the same and discount tire was most convenient. Plus I got 20 cash back since they weren't black lettering.

If it weren't for the rebate I would have bought somewhere else.

I could go through all the pricing I came up with while researching but that would probably bore you.
Have you actually put the tires to work yet? If so, I'm sure you're grinning ear to ear.

PS. If you want to black the letters out, get the Kiwi leather dye at the grocery store in BLACK. It's a little bottle with a sponge on the end. It takes a little bit of work, but I bet you can have the lettering blacked out in less than 30 minutes. Just make sure the tires are good and clean first and they'll come out great.
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.