Goodyear MT/R w kevlar - Page 72 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Goodyear MT/R w kevlar

Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-Gear

Unread 08-31-2011, 01:11 PM   #1066
purdueme06
1995 YJ Wrangler 

These tires are made at the plant in which I work. They are some of the most complicated tires we make. The biggest size that's offered is the 42". Any of you guys happen to have pictures of the 42s on a rig? I've never seen them in the wild.

purdueme06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2011, 01:21 PM   #1067
purdueme06
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy_ View Post
Quick story, by my wifes hospital that she works at they are doing construction and she ran something over causing three nails, one screw, and another hole (5 total) in one of her 33 12.50 15 MT/R Kevlars. I went to Discount Tire because they patch for free to see if they would patch it up. They stated they would not fix a tire with more than 3 holes in it but would pro-rate me on a new one (cost under $85 after taxes, and I will plug the old one myself for another trail spare now).

I get out of work today to go pick it up and the guy tells me that the one he got in is black wall on both sides. I proceed to pretty much laugh at him because the 33 12.50 15 MT/R Kevlar only comes with white lettering. The other sales man agreed with me and checked his computer (the only option for that size was raised white letters).

The sales man rolls the new tire in and he was right, a totally black 33 12.50 15 MT/R Kevlar. He calls to the shop he got it from to get a raised white letter over to his shop and all they had were blackwalls there. He ended up finding me a raised white letter MT/R to match but he was told they are not blems and Goodyear is making blackwall MT/R Kevlars (he could be mistaken and they may be blems, but I doubt it). Sorry if this is old news but I have not seen it on the forum (or any forums for that matter yet).

Update....

I spoke with the actual manager today while getting the new tire put on the wifes TJ and the ended up being a bunch of blems and Goodyear actually recalled them all back. That sucks the big one!!!!! They looked frikkin bad *** as you would imagine.
Earlier this year, they added to this tire line, and they are now made with a BSW only option.
purdueme06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2011, 04:11 PM   #1068
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005X View Post
it is in Colorado
I believe the correct term for mud in colorado is "**** water" because it smells so bad.

On topic:

I'm looking to get these before winter, anyone know of good deals? Discount tire direct has 33s listed as more expensive than 35s! But they won't charge state tax which can make a difference. 4wd/4wheel parts has them cheaper but you gotta pay state tax and then pick them up to not pay shipping. Tire rack has good prices, but they rape you on the shipping.

CU Boulder Aerospace Engineering
freeskier93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2011, 04:26 PM   #1069
sabzz
1998 ZJ 

Tirecrawler.com has them for 196.96 a piece for 33s. Should be around 110 for shipping.
Unread 08-31-2011, 07:19 PM   #1070
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I paid $1050 mounted, installed, and balanced for mine. I found cheaper prices, but most of the local shops charge more if you bring your own tires in to have mounted and balanced rather than buying through them. The rate is double what it is if you buy through them.

...but on the flip side, they gave me lifetime rotation and re-balance for the life of the tires.
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2011, 07:23 PM   #1071
sabzz
1998 ZJ 

How are the 33s with the 3.07s?
Unread 08-31-2011, 07:33 PM   #1072
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabzz View Post
How are the 33s with the 3.07s?
Not horrible, it helps to have a 5spd and light jeep. New tires came at the worst time. Axles and gears were next on the list, but with winter coming up I wouldn't feel comfortable on my balding 33s. Plus I was wanting to jump to 35s (33s and 35s are basically the same price!), but not with d35 and 3.07. So I guess I have to deal with it a little while longer.

Also thanks for the link to tire crawler. Funny though I saw they carry cooper stt's in 33" for a great price and rebate. But I've heard they are a bit soft and chunk on rocks. Figure I should just stick to a tough, proven tire.

Unread 08-31-2011, 07:50 PM   #1073
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Looking at getting a set of these in the 37" flavor here soon. Can anyone comment on how well they clean out? Most of my wheeling is done here in the South with the sticky red clay mud.

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2011, 07:59 PM   #1074
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_WJ View Post
Looking at getting a set of these in the 37" flavor here soon. Can anyone comment on how well they clean out? Most of my wheeling is done here in the South with the sticky red clay mud.
Mine do very well, But I have only had them out one time.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2011, 06:24 AM   #1075
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

In my experience, they clean out VERY well! Unfortunately, on more than one occasion, they cleaned out better than I had hoped they would. You'll be fine in a WJ, but I had mud that was being thrown from the tread coming back at me from the rear! lol... Even got some on the inside of the windshield from the rear tires.
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
Unread 09-01-2011, 04:21 PM   #1076
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Order was placed for 4 33x12.5 R15 Goodyear MT/R Kevlars, grand total 1056$. Ended up just going through Discount Tire. I figured places were going to start Labor Day sales, and they have. Discount Tire is doing a 100$ rebate on any 4 set of tires or wheels. They are also the most convenient because they're just down the road and the price includes absolutely everything.

The tires were special order though, so I submitted my order online, I'm guessing someone will call me about availability and set up an appointment, as I haven't actually paid yet.

Anyone tried cashing in on more than 1 rebate? Tread lightly has a rebate if you become a member, but I don't want to pay to join, only to have the rebate declined.

Unread 09-01-2011, 07:59 PM   #1077
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeskier93 View Post
Order was placed for 4 33x12.5 R15 Goodyear MT/R Kevlars, grand total 1056$. Ended up just going through Discount Tire. I figured places were going to start Labor Day sales, and they have. Discount Tire is doing a 100$ rebate on any 4 set of tires or wheels. They are also the most convenient because they're just down the road and the price includes absolutely everything.

The tires were special order though, so I submitted my order online, I'm guessing someone will call me about availability and set up an appointment, as I haven't actually paid yet.

Anyone tried cashing in on more than 1 rebate? Tread lightly has a rebate if you become a member, but I don't want to pay to join, only to have the rebate declined.
Is that price mounted, installed, and balanced? Or just the tires?

I got my (4x) 33x12.50x15 MTR/K's for $1050 mounted, installed, and balanced (with free lifetime rotation and re-balance for the life of the tires). I found them cheaper online prior to going through a local shop, but everywhere here charges double the rate to install tires you bring in so it would have been basically the same. Meh, I'd rather support a local shop if it's the same price--and the free rotation and re-balance is a huge perk for me to making these tires last as long as possible.
Unread 09-01-2011, 08:10 PM   #1078
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillathrilla View Post
Is that price mounted, installed, and balanced? Or just the tires?

I got my (4x) 33x12.50x15 MTR/K's for $1050 mounted, installed, and balanced (with free lifetime rotation and re-balance for the life of the tires). I found them cheaper online prior to going through a local shop, but everywhere here charges double the rate to install tires you bring in so it would have been basically the same. Meh, I'd rather support a local shop if it's the same price--and the free rotation and re-balance is a huge perk for me to making these tires last as long as possible.
Yep, mounted, balanced, the full shebang.

Unread 09-01-2011, 10:42 PM   #1079
mudmobeeler

I'm looking at getting tires for my blazer, I know it's not a jeep but the wife and I are looking at getting a 4dr jk but we don't know when. I'm looking at 35 12.50s but I'm stuck between the goodyear mtrs and the bfg km2s. It will be driven on the road both in good and bad weather but will travel farther in bad weather as our other vehicle is fwd car. We go on some trails that include mud, rocks, sand, loose silty dirt, pretty much anything and everything. Go wheeling in the snow also. Both seem to be about same price online but I'm checking with some local shops. What's everybody's opinion? I like the look of both but want a good tire that will work for everything ( i know it wont be the perfect tire cause I'm wanting a super swamper bogger but for it to last 50k miles like an all terrain, it ain't happenin lol ) and can't really find anything to sway me one way or the other.

88 Chevy Blazer, PAID FOR! Four inch front springs, greaseable front spring bushings, Offroad Design front shackles, Offroad Design rear 4 in shackle flip. Stock drivetrain with som 35 12.50 BFG KM2s. Lots of trail help on paint and body work.
mudmobeeler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2011, 09:06 AM   #1080
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

As I said before, these have done amazing in everything I've put them through. I'm not in any hurry for it to be winter here, but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how well these things do in the snow. I've heard they handle snow great too, and someone above said they did great in sand. The KM2's are good tires, but the Kevlar aspect of these tires sold me on them over the KM2's... My last set of tires were 33x12.50x15 BFG A/T's, and they did great in everything--even snow.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.