Goodyear MT/R w kevlar - Page 70 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Goodyear MT/R w kevlar

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 06-18-2011, 01:41 PM   #1036
lumpster
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKiowaTJ View Post
The problems they had with the Kevlars have been addressed and fixed, So i was told. The set i have now are close to perfect. But after all the BS i had to go through and watching them screw over others that had the same problem, Mickey Thompson will most likely get my business again. Much safer bet IMO, All the years i ran them and 0 problems.

BFG tires always run small, But you also have to take into consideration that the Kevlars have a stiffer sidewall so it will measure and appear taller. The only way to get an accurate reading is take one off of each jeep with no load and measure or before they are mounted.
Yeah, ive never been treated like goodyear treated me. I was never rude, and never asked for new tires. But the customer service people told me over and over that " we arent giving you new tires!" which i told them, "i never asked for new tires"

I know i will never buy a goodyear tire again in my life. I also know that my closest friends and family will never buy a goodyear tire again either. Goodyear was very unprofessional about a set of tires that are still not round. I got refunded the roadforce balance i paid for at their store when they sent me there?? The goodyear store wouldnt balance them until i paid for them, and then goodyear executive care told me they were refunding that 101 dollars and that would close this matter. She wouldnt discuss it further, and she told me that goodyear didnt want me back in any of their stores.

I want to reiterate, i was never rude, i never raised my voice, i never cussed them out, nor did i use a cuss word while talking to them.

Good luck buying goodyear tires, i hope you all have better results than i had, ill be trying nittos, or going back to bfg.

EDIT: for anyone questioning the validity of my post, my brother in law has 35 inch km2's. we swapped wheels and tires to see if it was my jeep. Well, his jeep shook like crazy and mine was smooth. So that tells me its the tires. I tried to get him to keep my mtr's but he wasnt having it.

Want to STOP?

Edited
lumpster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2011, 02:23 PM   #1037
ArchStanton
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'd be hard pressed to buy tires from a company that doesn't back up there product, especially a multi-national corporation like Goodyear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpster View Post
Yeah, ive never been treated like goodyear treated me. I was never rude, and never asked for new tires. But the customer service people told me over and over that " we arent giving you new tires!" which i told them, "i never asked for new tires"

I know i will never buy a goodyear tire again in my life. I also know that my closest friends and family will never buy a goodyear tire again either. Goodyear was very unprofessional about a set of tires that are still not round. I got refunded the roadforce balance i paid for at their store when they sent me there?? The goodyear store wouldnt balance them until i paid for them, and then goodyear executive care told me they were refunding that 101 dollars and that would close this matter. She wouldnt discuss it further, and she told me that goodyear didnt want me back in any of their stores.

I want to reiterate, i was never rude, i never raised my voice, i never cussed them out, nor did i use a cuss word while talking to them.

Good luck buying goodyear tires, i hope you all have better results than i had, ill be trying nittos, or going back to bfg.
ArchStanton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2011, 05:05 PM   #1038
unlblkrubi
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Been running mine close to three years, no problem, just keep them rotated.

Unread 06-19-2011, 12:44 AM   #1039
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpster View Post

Wow that's terrible to hear man. Kinda makes me want to change my decision on what tires to get. I was originally going to get BFGs or the new Nitto Trail grapplers..but kept hearing good things about the MTRs. After hearing about this fiasco with you and them, I definitely don't want to deal with that.

I mean I have duratracs right now and don't have a problem with them or anything but customer service plays a big part in what company I go with.
Unread 06-19-2011, 12:10 PM   #1040
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Lumpster, you could always go to 37" KM2's. They are just a big 35".
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2011, 04:34 PM   #1041
ROLLTIDEtj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Got mine on the jeep a few weeks ago. For those of you who have the raised white letters and want to black them out, I will confirm that black shoe dye DOES work. However, I tried two brands, one worked, one didn't. Use this stuff and not the kiwi brand.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HHM20M/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000UA2L8Y&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0VDWMS08G2AXCFD8FHWT
I have scrubbed the white letters with dawn dish soap and a stiff brush and can't get this dye to come off.
2004 Rubicon - 4.0 - 5 speed manual - Rough Country 4" Stage II lift, RC front adjustable track bar, 2.2 shocks, 33x12.5x15 Goodyear MTR with Kevlar on Crager soft 8's, 4 Hella Black Magics, Edge Trail Jammer with Intake, JL TR 2-ways in the pods, Kenwood Excelon deck in the dash, Rough Country Stinger & Winch Plate, Trail Gear rear bumper w/ tire carrier, HiLift, Rock Krawler X Factor Plus Steering
ROLLTIDEtj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2011, 02:12 PM   #1042
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchStanton View Post
I'd be hard pressed to buy tires from a company that doesn't back up there product, especially a multi-national corporation like Goodyear.
People say it's a PITA to buy stuff online sometimes, but I disagree. Never had a single issue with Tire Rack and they took care of my blemished MT/R-K quick and easy. I just sent pics of the tire and they emailed me a return label to send the tire back. My only gripe is that I had to buy a new tire with my own cash and then was later reimbursed when they decided the tire was actually faulty. Good thing is the price of the tire went up from when I originally bought them, and I was refunded the higher price, plus the shipping cost.

It's true that I couldn't just go down to the local tire shop, but I know these guys are always going to be professional and not try to screw me over for any reason. Plus they have reps on a few forums, so they are very easy to get ahold of. I actually brought up the tire blem issue to a TR rep on a BMW forum and he hooked me up with customer service right away.

I hope I won't need another set of tires for quite a while since I don't plan on going any bigger. I think the only other kind of tires I would even consider are Pitbull Rockers. A few friends have them and they are amazing offroad.
Unread 06-28-2011, 04:08 PM   #1043
jeepinmichguy_
I haz ah Geep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quick story, by my wifes hospital that she works at they are doing construction and she ran something over causing three nails, one screw, and another hole (5 total) in one of her 33 12.50 15 MT/R Kevlars. I went to Discount Tire because they patch for free to see if they would patch it up. They stated they would not fix a tire with more than 3 holes in it but would pro-rate me on a new one (cost under $85 after taxes, and I will plug the old one myself for another trail spare now).

I get out of work today to go pick it up and the guy tells me that the one he got in is black wall on both sides. I proceed to pretty much laugh at him because the 33 12.50 15 MT/R Kevlar only comes with white lettering. The other sales man agreed with me and checked his computer (the only option for that size was raised white letters).

The sales man rolls the new tire in and he was right, a totally black 33 12.50 15 MT/R Kevlar. He calls to the shop he got it from to get a raised white letter over to his shop and all they had were blackwalls there. He ended up finding me a raised white letter MT/R to match but he was told they are not blems and Goodyear is making blackwall MT/R Kevlars (he could be mistaken and they may be blems, but I doubt it). Sorry if this is old news but I have not seen it on the forum (or any forums for that matter yet).

Update....

I spoke with the actual manager today while getting the new tire put on the wifes TJ and the ended up being a bunch of blems and Goodyear actually recalled them all back. That sucks the big one!!!!! They looked frikkin bad *** as you would imagine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepForum123 View Post
you all have nice rigs, stop being f****** a**holes.

Last edited by jeepinmichguy_; 06-29-2011 at 04:58 PM.. Reason: Wrong
jeepinmichguy_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2011, 04:30 PM   #1044
KKiowaTJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quit trying to church it up and make them black to look like 35's

I cant see why they never offered it to begin with. There are tons of people who have never liked white letters showing for years. Maybe Goodyear needed some free billboard space for a bit and now they are listening to the consumer, If its not warranty related that is.

But as usual, Pic's or didn't happen, JK
Unread 06-28-2011, 05:18 PM   #1045
jeepinmichguy_
I haz ah Geep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKiowaTJ View Post
Quit trying to church it up and make them black to look like 35's

I cant see why they never offered it to begin with. There are tons of people who have never liked white letters showing for years. Maybe Goodyear needed some free billboard space for a bit and now they are listening to the consumer, If its not warranty related that is.

But as usual, Pic's or didn't happen, JK

I wouldn't believe it if I wouldn't have seen it.

Quote:
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Unread 07-01-2011, 01:56 PM   #1046
mopar2
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Anyone had issues with the 31? And what air pressure would you run with the 31 on a XJ ?
mopar2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2011, 12:11 PM   #1047
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I haven't had any issues with mine not being round. I drove to CO last summer, 3,000 miles in two weeks and they road great. With weight in the Jeep I didn't hear them too much.

Plus I have to say I like the white lettering. One can always keep the tires dirty to hide it you must.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2011, 12:18 PM   #1048
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I'm still VERY happy with my MTR's with Kevlar. I probably wouldn't have bought them if I had seen people having so many issues, but these are the best tires I've ever owned. My BFG's were great, but these things look and perform amazing.
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2011, 09:25 PM   #1049
dirtgrip
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I have been running 37 Kevlar MTR's for about 2yrs now.Run at 5psi - 25psi and up to 75mph on the highway.Mine is a DD-no problems of any kind just rotate every 3000 miles. Best tires I have ever had on my jeep.Almost forgot-I have internal beadlocks in them also.
010.jpg  
Unread 07-13-2011, 09:10 PM   #1050
jeepinmichguy_
I haz ah Geep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Just got rid of the 37 inch Rockers on the YJ for some 35 inch MT/r Kevlars. I love these tires.

Quote:
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.