Goodyear MT/R w kevlar - Page 67 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Goodyear MT/R w kevlar

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Reply
Unread 02-11-2011, 07:55 AM   #991
slafferty
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Kimbolton, Ohio
Posts: 1,403
Mast Tire. Senecaville ohio. We buy our semi truck tires from them

__________________
'00 TJ, 4.0, nv3550 spd, E-lockers Front and Rear, 4.88 gears. Homebuilt Bumpers/ tube doors.. Homebuilt Long Arm in the making... 35 inch MT-R's ordered[QUOTE=RUBtjICON;9622056]If you arent scratching it, you arent trying hard enough :tea:[/QUOTE]

[U][I][B]MY BUILD THREAD[/B][/I][/U]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/slaffertys-2000-tj-build-1121555/index2.html"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][SIZE="4"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/slaffertys-2000-tj-build-1121555/index2.html[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL]
slafferty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2011, 01:49 PM   #992
Allwaysjeepin36
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 7
Do these tires do pretty well in the mud? im debating between the MT/R with kevlar or the Wrangler duratrac. which would be better in a 33"?
Allwaysjeepin36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2011, 07:34 PM   #993
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all
 
Jerry Bransford's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Escondido, California, California
Posts: 60,368
The MT/R is, by far, the better/stronger tire and it would do fine in mud. It's not a mud tire by design but it still does fine in all but soupy deep mud where you'd want a specialized mud tire like a Super Swamper.
__________________
Getting Savvy...

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2011, 06:09 PM   #994
1fastR
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ardmore, Tn.
Posts: 656
What kind of mileage has everyone been getting from these tires? I am debating between these and Cooper STT's. Also, for anyone that has bought them recently how long was your wait or did you find them in stock somewhere? They are out of stock everywhere here.
1fastR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2011, 07:15 PM   #995
bigtim6656
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: sullivan in
Posts: 545
it sucks I am at like 9or 10k and my tread is like 50%
bigtim6656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2011, 07:15 PM   #996
bigtim6656
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: sullivan in
Posts: 545
mine go through everything, but ice, I have yet to get stuck, if it pours rain I go off roading, where I go there is standing water, they love the mud
bigtim6656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2011, 01:26 PM   #997
lumpster
Web Wheeler
 
lumpster's Avatar
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: kansas City MO
Posts: 4,657
MTRs are a great offroad tire, im not impressed with them on road so far. They are quiet, they just arent round enough so they shake going down the road. Ive taken them in to get roadforce balanced and rebalanced several times, waste of money IMO. The best thing ive used so far i think is the centramatics. Ill be getting 17's and some duratracs next time.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Don't ask me to repeat or remember those prices, I may be grumpy tomorrow and either double them or quit altogether.



Want to STOP?

JEEP Co-op parts, DELRIN DOOR BUSHINGS, TRE inserts
lumpster is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2011, 02:04 PM   #998
Wearingthin
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpster
MTRs are a great offroad tire, im not impressed with them on road so far. They are quiet, they just arent round enough so they shake going down the road. Ive taken them in to get roadforce balanced and rebalanced several times, waste of money IMO. The best thing ive used so far i think is the centramatics. Ill be getting 17's and some duratracs next time.

I dd mine and I have no shaking problems at all. I think they feel great on road.
__________________
Patriot Blue XJ 4x4
RE 4.5" | 305/70/16 MTR K

My Build Thread
Wearingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2011, 09:27 PM   #999
lumpster
Web Wheeler
 
lumpster's Avatar
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: kansas City MO
Posts: 4,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wearingthin View Post
I dd mine and I have no shaking problems at all. I think they feel great on road.
maybe i need new wheels, maybe the summit racing wheels suck??
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Don't ask me to repeat or remember those prices, I may be grumpy tomorrow and either double them or quit altogether.



Want to STOP?

JEEP Co-op parts, DELRIN DOOR BUSHINGS, TRE inserts
lumpster is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2011, 09:55 PM   #1000
KKiowaTJ
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Iowa
Posts: 3,456
Lump, You had the same problems as i did, But Goodyear stuck you with the **** end of the stick. I called and complained until i got a set of "round" mt/r's. It took 7 or 8 IIRC.
I switched back to aluminum wheels and got a even better/less weight balance than before, So i highly doubt its your wheels. Win some and you lose some, Sucks they didn't replace your eggs like they should have. Kinda hard to stick with a company that sticks a customer with crap and they know and admitted the molds were bad. Good luck next time around
__________________
YJ, TJ, XJ, ZJ..... Too many Jeeps!
KKiowaTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2011, 10:03 PM   #1001
Wearingthin
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKiowaTJ
Lump, You had the same problems as i did, But Goodyear stuck you with the **** end of the stick. I called and complained until i got a set of "round" mt/r's. It took 7 or 8 IIRC.
I switched back to aluminum wheels and got a even better/less weight balance than before, So i highly doubt its your wheels. Win some and you lose some, Sucks they didn't replace your eggs like they should have. Kinda hard to stick with a company that sticks a customer with crap and they know and admitted the molds were bad. Good luck next time around

Wow I didn't know they were having this problem. Like I said mine have been great but I've only had them for a few months, so it's a relatively recent set
__________________
Patriot Blue XJ 4x4
RE 4.5" | 305/70/16 MTR K

My Build Thread
Wearingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2011, 10:12 PM   #1002
KKiowaTJ
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Iowa
Posts: 3,456
The first couple runs of 35-12.50-15's had alot of out of round sets. I complained enough during the backorder when i was told the molds for that size had a defect. The replacements are real nice and smooth compared to the squares i did have.
This was a couple years ago, Maybe a soon as year and half. I and another member had a blem sidewall in our sets as well. IMO it was a real bad deal all around.
But it was also the "first" big run of that size and didn't have all the quirks worked out yet. I have 15k on my current ones and they are wearing like iron and grip wet weather great. They have their pro's and con's though.
__________________
YJ, TJ, XJ, ZJ..... Too many Jeeps!
KKiowaTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2011, 11:27 PM   #1003
lumpster
Web Wheeler
 
lumpster's Avatar
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: kansas City MO
Posts: 4,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKiowaTJ View Post
The first couple runs of 35-12.50-15's had alot of out of round sets. I complained enough during the backorder when i was told the molds for that size had a defect. The replacements are real nice and smooth compared to the squares i did have.
This was a couple years ago, Maybe a soon as year and half. I and another member had a blem sidewall in our sets as well. IMO it was a real bad deal all around.
But it was also the "first" big run of that size and didn't have all the quirks worked out yet. I have 15k on my current ones and they are wearing like iron and grip wet weather great. They have their pro's and con's though.
yeah ive had them for a year and a half. its a pain in the butt, i like the tire and i hate the tire. I may buy another set in a 17 wheel flavor, and if they suck ill take them back and request a refund so i can go buy km2's or something.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Don't ask me to repeat or remember those prices, I may be grumpy tomorrow and either double them or quit altogether.



Want to STOP?

JEEP Co-op parts, DELRIN DOOR BUSHINGS, TRE inserts
lumpster is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2011, 08:57 AM   #1004
MountainMan864
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Spartanburg, SC
Posts: 3,659
Yea my 33's take an *** of weight to balance and its still not right. I have alum. wheels too. Ill probably go with a different tire when the time comes. The tires are prob 1/2 worn.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2011, 01:56 PM   #1005
popeyesides
Member
 
popeyesides's Avatar
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Tucson,AZ
Posts: 440
I just went from shaking 33mtr/k to 35 KM2 on TR HD beadlocks, I haven't had the KM2 balanced yet and today got to drive it up to 60mph and have no wobble at all, I don't think I am going to have them balanced either.
popeyesides is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.