Goodyear MT/R w kevlar - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Goodyear MT/R w kevlar

Old Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble Fairleads

Unread 03-12-2009, 02:05 AM   #31
mr4x4
1995 ZJ 

WOW how did that happen a double post

Unread 03-12-2009, 02:59 AM   #32
BP88
2003 TJ Wrangler 

We just got a shipment of these at work last week. They look pretty damn beefy and weigh a ton.

If anyone wants tires - PM me. I work at Just Tires in Garden Grove and I will make sure you get the best possible price and service.

... and no I'm not a salesman, I'm a tech! So don't accuse me of just trying to make money. lol
BP88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2009, 08:11 AM   #33
Rubicon_TJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr4x4 View Post

so when we going to se pics of these on you rig
The beadlock conversions I'll be mounting them on are supposedly being finished and shipped today, so... I'm hoping before another week goes by.
Rubicon_TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2009, 11:13 PM   #34
Station3
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Just got a set of 32x11.5x15 last week for 199 a piece. So far so good, they love to eat up snowbanks will post pics when I get my camera back.
Station3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2009, 03:36 AM   #35
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

A long-term test on 37's begun here on a built Cherokee:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...ad.php?t=24827

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Hilldweller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2009, 05:00 PM   #36
PDoyle
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJeeper91 View Post
Ya I'm not a fan of the side biters. The tread looks fine, side biters are questionable.
Why don't you like the side biting channels?
Unread 03-15-2009, 07:19 PM   #37
GrimJeeper91
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDoyle View Post
Why don't you like the side biting channels?
I'd like to see them a little more agressive. Also, because they are directional so one direction will provide more bite than the other.
'91 YJ 4.O, Auto, Rr. D60 w/ 35 Spline Alloy USA Axles & Detriot Locker, Fr. D30 True-Trac, 4.56's, 4.5" Deaver Springs, Bilstein 5100's, 1" BL, Rubi Flares, 35x12.50 MT/R's on MT classic II's, Detroit Locker, Vanco Big Brakes, Booster & Master, Warn 9000XDI, York OBA, AA SYE & TW's DS's, Teraflex Belly Up, Rocker Guards...
GrimJeeper91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2009, 07:27 PM   #38
BYuen
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'd like to see them a little more agressive. Also, because they are directional so one direction will provide more bite than the other.
I agree side lugs should be more aggressive or at least the same as the old MTRs
BYuen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2009, 10:03 PM   #39
Rubicon_TJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm curious to see how the side biters work once I test them out. Since they are wedge-shaped they have a a gripping edge only on one end. But - the inside is oriented the opposite direction from the outside, which I hope is a good thing. No matter which way you mount them, one side has the vertical edge forward, and the other side has the point forward.
Unread 03-15-2009, 10:07 PM   #40
sardog12
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I think these tires look promising and when I am looking to get some new tires. Looks like they made some upgrades that might help in the mud. My only question is what to expect from these tires on a DD. Should I expect these to be comparable to how long the regular MT/Rs last on the street?
Unread 03-17-2009, 11:18 AM   #41
Sarge_
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sardog12 View Post
My only question is what to expect from these tires on a DD. Should I expect these to be comparable to how long the regular MT/Rs last on the street?
Based on what I've read around the various reviews and boards (there aren't very many yet) these new Kevlar versions are a good deal quieter on the highway than the old ones.

I use mine as a daily driver too, so I'm definitely curious how quiet these new Kevlar MTR's will turn out to be. I've been using Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor's for 3 season use, and Blizzaks in the winter. The GY's are MUCH nicer to drive on-road than the old MTR's that came on my rubi (noise, handling) so I'm very curious how these new Kevlar's will compare...

I'd like to see some more reviews, but it sounds like they're a big step up on-road over the old MTR's, regardless...

Previous Jeeps
'00 TJ Sport 4.0
'00 GC Laredo 4x4 V8
'95 YJ 2.5L
Sarge_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2009, 09:09 PM   #42
dutch8006
2014 JK Wrangler 

Installed a set today and so far I like em alot. Good looking tire. Have them in 32x11.5x15. As soon as I am ablewill post some pics. And for the people tha believe these are directional tires, they are not. They are known as asymetrical treads.
dutch8006 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2009, 08:43 AM   #43
GrimJeeper91
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch8006 View Post
Installed a set today and so far I like em alot. Good looking tire. Have them in 32x11.5x15. As soon as I am ablewill post some pics. And for the people tha believe these are directional tires, they are not. They are known as asymetrical treads.
The gripe has been that the side biters are directional. They look like they will be more effective turning one way vs the other...
'91 YJ 4.O, Auto, Rr. D60 w/ 35 Spline Alloy USA Axles & Detriot Locker, Fr. D30 True-Trac, 4.56's, 4.5" Deaver Springs, Bilstein 5100's, 1" BL, Rubi Flares, 35x12.50 MT/R's on MT classic II's, Detroit Locker, Vanco Big Brakes, Booster & Master, Warn 9000XDI, York OBA, AA SYE & TW's DS's, Teraflex Belly Up, Rocker Guards...
GrimJeeper91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2009, 03:45 PM   #44
mr4x4
1995 ZJ 

those side biters dont look like much of a side biter to me
Unread 03-19-2009, 04:47 PM   #45
Rubicon_TJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr4x4 View Post
those side biters dont look like much of a side biter to me
I agree, they're not. They have a thin profile, but it will probably grab somewhat.

I tend to believe they are there more to protect the sidewall than to provide any major traction.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.