Goodyear MT/R w kevlar - Page 20 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Goodyear MT/R w kevlar

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-20-2009, 12:35 PM   #286
JeSimmers
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Well as promised I have an update on the tires. I had them installed Friday evening after work, had a 30 mile ride home so I got to experience the road manners of them. First of all when I got home I checked the pressure in the all of the tires...37lbs, geez. The ride was great even with the over-inflation. These are SO quiet on the road, almost like an A/T tire. Saurday (yesterday) I went wheeling for 9 hours. I left the tires inflated at the 30psi I put them at all day just to get a baseline on the tires. Mud and rocks all day long and they exceeded my expectations 3-fold. I cannot wait until next weekend when I drop them to 8-10psi, it should be interesting. So far these tires are awesome all around, they look incredible on my Jeep and the performance is wild!

Red Jeep Club Member #454
JeSimmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2009, 03:54 PM   #287
Lemmiwinks
2003 TJ Wrangler 

WW out, 32x11.5x15, road 31psi, trail 11psi

first set of offroad tires, not much that I can compair to. Very impressed with I have been able to do w/o a locker.
Lemmiwinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2009, 05:29 PM   #288
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Clay!

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Hilldweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2009, 06:41 PM   #289
PDoyle
2003 TJ Wrangler 

SHE'S still clean tho.....
Unread 09-20-2009, 06:54 PM   #290
solar1

I have been trying to get a set for two weeks and the guys at the GOODYEAR store here have been giving me the run around stating that there were no 35x12.50x15 in any of the GOODYEAR warehouses with no set production day in the future. I needed tires since I sold my TSLs 3 weeks ago and going riding this weekend so I opted for a set of KM2s from Tire Discounters. Not as excited about the KM2s as I was about the new MTRs but we will see.

Who knows I may sell the KM2s in a month or so and get a set of MTRs once GOODYEAR decides they have access to them.

The tranny is still stock. That is way easier to explain than all the mods.
solar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2009, 07:34 PM   #291
JeSimmers
1997 TJ Wrangler 

It took me a while to track them down, same issue...Im not even really sure where the place found them. I spoke with Goodyear also and was informed that Goodyear themselves have 96 of this size but they are on hold for the government (no joke).
Red Jeep Club Member #454
JeSimmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2009, 08:00 PM   #292
solar1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeSimmers View Post
It took me a while to track them down, same issue...Im not even really sure where the place found them. I spoke with Goodyear also and was informed that Goodyear themselves have 96 of this size but they are on hold for the government (no joke).

I just checked tirerack.com and they have less than 2 in stock.

The tranny is still stock. That is way easier to explain than all the mods.
solar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2009, 08:14 PM   #293
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Are you guys are talking about the new kevlar MT/R that no one has any 35x12.50x15 size tires in stock?

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2009, 08:22 PM   #294
1997_Sport
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeSimmers View Post
good thing i got my 33s through the government. hahaha
Unread 09-20-2009, 08:31 PM   #295
Rubicon_TJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

As of right now Discount Tire Direct supposedly has them in their Ohio warehouse.

clicky... Goodyear Wrangler MT/R Kevlar tires
Rubicon_TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2009, 03:10 AM   #296
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDoyle View Post
SHE'S still clean tho.....
Cause she had the camera most of the day.

[yt]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cBhxuUFuCxY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cBhxuUFuCxY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

The MTR/k's did very well in the mud all day on Saturday. But nobody made it down Carnage Hill without a slide. Nobody.
I got the farthest before sliding though. Steep, off-camber, wet clay over hardpacked clay.

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Hilldweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2009, 04:21 AM   #297
creepycrawly
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by solar1 View Post
I have been trying to get a set for two weeks and the guys at the GOODYEAR store here have been giving me the run around stating that there were no 35x12.50x15 in any of the GOODYEAR warehouses with no set production day in the future. I needed tires since I sold my TSLs 3 weeks ago and going riding this weekend so I opted for a set of KM2s from Tire Discounters. Not as excited about the KM2s as I was about the new MTRs but we will see.

Who knows I may sell the KM2s in a month or so and get a set of MTRs once GOODYEAR decides they have access to them.
If you dont mind me asking, what did they wind up costing you? And did you get 4 or 5?
Unread 09-21-2009, 04:26 AM   #298
creepycrawly
1997 TJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE=Laxnyj18;7917626]I got four for $628.

QUOTE]

From where?
Unread 09-21-2009, 07:32 AM   #299
1997_Sport
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepycrawly View Post

From where?
From a local store, but i had discount through my uncles work.
Unread 09-21-2009, 09:05 AM   #300
bigbike
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxnyj18 View Post
I got four for $628.

where did you get them for that price?

How is everyone liking them on the rocks? in the snow? Mud? What are people getting out of them for milage?
bigbike is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.