Goodyear Adventurer A/T w/ Kevlar - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Goodyear Adventurer A/T w/ Kevlar

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 08-29-2013, 07:34 AM   #1
silvanus
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Goodyear Adventurer A/T w/ Kevlar

These A/T's were released in early August, has anyone purchased them yet??

silvanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 10:55 AM   #2
WXman
2001 WJ 

It's yet another variation of the same tread. AT/S, Silent Armor, and this new one are all the same tread...with just a few tweaks. I don't understand what the hell they are doing this for. Out of the 3 though, I think the Silent Armor has the best overall pattern.
'11 Mango Tango JKU Sport - Mods
'12 Dozer JKU Sport S - 6-speed - ACE rock rails - Max Tow package - Daystar spacers - 33x12.50 Duratracs
WXman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 11:16 AM   #3
silvanus
2006 LJ Wrangler 

It also reminds me of the first generation wrangler of the mid- late 80's!

Just like the Film Ind., a lot of idea looping!
Unread 09-15-2013, 05:32 AM   #4
silvanus
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Anyone purchased these yet?

I'm going to next month, just wondering what to expect??
Unread 09-17-2013, 06:16 AM   #5
WXman
2001 WJ 

Let us know how they work out and post real life pics of them up close as well. If they are like most Goodyears, prepare for a ton of weights to be hanging off your wheels when the shop gets done.
'11 Mango Tango JKU Sport - Mods
'12 Dozer JKU Sport S - 6-speed - ACE rock rails - Max Tow package - Daystar spacers - 33x12.50 Duratracs
WXman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2013, 11:45 AM   #6
KKiowaTJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

If they do end up having a chit ton of weight, Have them balance the wheel first before mounting the tire, Then balance from there. It should have a paint marker dot from the factory where the heavy spot is. Good luck
Unread 09-29-2013, 08:11 AM   #7
silvanus
2006 LJ Wrangler 

October 12th I'll be purchasing a set of GY Adventure 31-10.5-15's, will have pix and will be reviewing them shortly!

As for weights, hopefully GY got their act together and found out how to weave Kevlar & Steel, and QC their entire process BEFORE they hit the streets!!
Unread 09-29-2013, 02:17 PM   #8
Charley3
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I don't understand your attraction to these tires, but I'm open minded. You must have your reasons. Please explain now or after you have the tires. Whenever is good for you.

My reservation about this tires tread is it looks to me like it'd be poor in mud, but it appears to me likely to be good at all else, including highway, which is important.

I'd love to hear about them after you have them, especially how they do in mud.

I'm also curious how much weight they need to balance, since the topic came up.
Unread 09-29-2013, 02:48 PM   #9
silvanus
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Strong side walls my friend!

My commute is 70 miles a day, also, I 'll be doing a lot of overland excursions and will need a tuff tire with strong sidewall protection that very few tires can give in this size!
Plus it's new and I like the tread pattern, look closely and you'll see the three block Duratrac angular pattern only tighter!

As for the mud, I've got a winch & locked at both ends, and avoid it when I can!
Unread 09-29-2013, 06:50 PM   #10
Charley3
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvanus View Post
Strong side walls my friend!

My commute is 70 miles a day, also, I 'll be doing a lot of overland excursions and will need a tuff tire with strong sidewall protection that very few tires can give in this size!
Plus it's new and I like the tread pattern, look closely and you'll see the three block Duratrac angular pattern only tighter!

As for the mud, I've got a winch & locked at both ends, and avoid it when I can!
In that case, your reasoning makes sense for your needs.

My on road DD situation is similar in that I want good highway performance for DD and road trips, so I need an AT that's good on highway, but my off road conditions are different than yours. I live in a rain forest. Even for trails, some level of mud performance is a requirement to avoid constantly having to winch, but sidewall strength isn't as much of a concern for me.

For me, Cooper AT3 are great since great on road and have decent mud ability. For sidewalls in my typical terrains, any AT load C tire is plenty tough enough.

This explains our similar, but differing opinions about ATs. We both love good DD tires, but we have different off road terrains.
Unread 10-13-2013, 06:49 PM   #11
silvanus
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Had them mounted today, pix tomorrow!
Unread 10-14-2013, 11:15 AM   #12
silvanus
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I had these mounted yesterday. They balanced very well, weights are inboard on the wheel, also had the frontend aligned.
I went on some two tracks today and went where ever I pointed! Very smooth and quite!

I really like these tires and expect to have good mpg's and offroad traction in the future!

I'll be updating shortly, I have to replace my T-Case chain ( very sloppy ) after that I'll be able to comment on their performance!
img_0336-800x600-.jpg

img_0335-800x600-.jpg

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.