Good trade? Bad trade? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Good trade? Bad trade?

Huge Soft top SaleNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 11-16-2013, 08:12 AM   #1
dixau11
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Good trade? Bad trade?

So before installed my new lift, I purchased a set of 5 Goodyear duratracs 33x12.50x15 for 1,000 bucks mounted and balanced. They are almost brand new, I haven't driven on them much because I've been upgrading everything!(200 miles or so)

I just installed 5" BDS springs, nitro shocks, rokmen 1" bl, 1" Jks mml, chromeolly shafts, 4.88 Yukon gears, upgraded tie rod/drag link, sye, cv conversion, 4 lower arms, 2 rear upper adjustable control arms..

Now that I installed the lift, my tires look super small... And I want 35"s.

A forum member asked if I would trade for his almost new 35" general red letter grabbers, he has 4.

The proposed trade is his 4 tires 35x12.5x15 for my 5x 33x12.5x15.
To make up for some cost difference, he offered to pay the tire shop to swap and balance the tires.

What do you think? Fair trade? Or should I Ask for more out of the trade. If so, what should I ask for, I would like a matching 5th.

dixau11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2013, 08:42 AM   #2
dixau11
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Bump
Unread 11-16-2013, 09:08 AM   #3
JPGoody
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Probably no help but.....

Don't know much about the specific tire the Red Letter General Grabber. I'd personally rate it below the Duratracs, based solely on the specs on the web site. Red Letters look like poorish winter tires?

This may be a silly question, but will those tires suit your needs? Do you define them as just a 35" tire to look good or are they going to be used in heavy mud, snow, rocks or just DD tires to fill the void? Also I'd assume it is load C for load C tires.

If you want a 5th then get a 5th, buy either purchasing or in trade. Maybe swap him paying for mount and balance for a 5th Red Letter?

Good luck
JPGoody is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2013, 09:25 AM   #4
dixau11
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I'm really just wanting to go to 35's for looks, I may use it in snow and mud. But I'm a careful driver. As long as they do ok I'm fine with that.

I just don't know what they are worth
Unread 11-16-2013, 09:38 AM   #5
JPGoody
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixau11 View Post
I'm really just wanting to go to 35's for looks, I may use it in snow and mud. But I'm a careful driver. As long as they do ok I'm fine with that.

I just don't know what they are worth
Tire Rack says $229 a pop for 35" Red Letters, $916 for 4, so ball park of your trade offer.

Tire rack will also sell me a set of 5 Duratracs($183 each) for, get this $915.

$1 off
JPGoody is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2013, 09:50 AM   #6
dixau11
1997 TJ Wrangler 

So fair after he pays to swap em and drives over

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.