Good All around tire- 265/75r16 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Good All around tire- 265/75r16

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 04-16-2013, 12:32 PM   #1
Redrox2253
1985 CJ7 

Good All around tire- 265/75r16

I have a 2003 WJ with a 3" lift and i was wondering what 265/75r16 would be a good all around on-road, off-road tire. I have to drive 9 hours on a highway around 4 times a year, but other then that it will be mostly an off-roading car. im looking to ride on the trails of Michigan, so they don't have to be rock crawlers or anything. What's the best tire for price for my situation?

Redrox2253 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2013, 02:31 PM   #2
OjeeperO

I am all for the toyo MT's, lots of miles out of them, good wear on road and not too noisey.
Check out tire-size-conversio.com just type in a size you are looking for in the calculator and it will populate sizes that are within one inch of that size. Then when you click on any size, it lists all the tires that come in that size, then click on each individual tire and it takes you to a page with the specs and links to different companies to check prices on that tire. Its damn sweet.
OjeeperO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2013, 02:51 AM   #3
Charley3
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Mastercraft Courser CT is great hybrid tire, but not the best for snow or ice.

Duratrac is a great hybrid tire. Good on snow and ice.

General Grabber AT2 (new, more aggressive version) is a great hybrid tire. Great on snow and ice.

Cooper ST (not STT or ST Maxx). If will be used on snow-ice, add extra sipes to center treads. Great hybrid tire.

All those are good on road, and great off road.

Any of those would be a good choice, preferably in load C. At most in load D.

Don't get load E, unless you don't mind a very rough ride.

All those have tough sidewalls in load C, and super tough in D.

C will ride the best.
Unread 04-30-2013, 09:09 AM   #4
Redrox2253
1985 CJ7 

thanks for the info!
Redrox2253 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2013, 09:41 PM   #5
mschi772
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschi772 View Post
BFG Rugged Terrain
Bridgestone REVO 2
Cooper Discoverer AT3
Firestone Destination AT
Goodyear Duratrac
Goodyear Silent Armor
Hankook Dynapro ATM
Kumho Roadventure SAT
Toyo Open Country AT 2

That's my short list of all-terrain tires in alphabetical order. You really can't lose with any of them. BFG RT and Kumho SAT are both milder for better or for worse (depending on how much/little and how extreme/mild you wheel).

As someone who uses his Jeep as a daily driver but goes off road occasionally, I chose a milder AT tire (some consider it a highway/AT hybrid)--Kumho RV SAT. BFG Rugged Terrain is similar. If I went off road any less than I do now, I'd roll with Firestone Destination LE or Continental CrossContact (LX20 or LX Sport)--virtually no contest in the highway tire department really imo.
Unlike a lot of the blindly loyal Duratrac fanatics around here, rarely do I choose Duratrac as my top recommendation, but I can't deny that I think they would fit you perfectly. It leans toward the MT end of the AT spectrum but still behaves as well as one could reasonably expect on roads.

If you want an old-school design (which I'm not much of a fan of since more modern tires are simply better at most if not all things), roll with General Grabber AT2 or perhaps something from Treadwright (I don't stay current on their treads and sizes, but they're a supremely fantastic company dealing in very high quality re-treads).

New sig rules suck.
mschi772 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.