General or BFG or GoodYear - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > General or BFG or GoodYear

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-03-2014, 02:19 PM   #16
gsaxe
2007 JK Wrangler 

Hey Doc, what mods, caliper grinding? I am considering putting 35/12.5/15 mtrks or stts on US Wheel 70s 15x8 from Summit. They are 3.75 bs and I wonder if they will rub the caliper. I have a 07 jku on a 2.5" coil lift and am prepared to cut the pinch seam and fenders. Just wonderng about the caliper. Uniques are an option if I buy thru DT

"Seems like alot and I can't say for a fact that it was all needed but that's what happens from reading forums." Jimk403
gsaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2014, 04:52 PM   #17
TJ-Bville
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed209 View Post
MTR's are 35x12.5, so you'll need at least 15x8"s. They're not all the same, you need 5x4.5" bolt pattern and the right BS to prevent rubbing - probably 3.75".

Be aware that some tire shops won't mount a 12.5" wide tire on an 8" rim.
Thx, I meant brand and where to order from. Wasn't sure if there were any preferred vendors on here etc
TJ-Bville is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2014, 04:56 PM   #18
KKiowaTJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ-Bville View Post
I didn't think about having to keep using spacers, good point.

Steel wheels they all made the same? I'll start doing some searching for prices.

For the most part yeah, But stick with a good name for piece of mind though. I ran pro comp street locks and were ok for what they were. Go to summit racing, They usually have the best price on wheels like soft 8's.

I have ran aero and basset wheels made for dirt track cars even. They have free shipping etc IIRC. But if you can swing a set of alloys, Its well worth it IMO. Ion and black rock make some that are decent priced and have the proper back space.
Don't worry about the offset, Just go for 15x8" with 3.75BS. I run 3.5BS and have never had any 'premature wear' on any parts either so IMO nothing to worry about.
Unread 02-07-2014, 05:03 PM   #19
TJ-Bville
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Truck Sold Today so time to order parts. Hated to see it go but my check book likes it lol

Looks like...
4WD 35s MTR
Summit Soft 8s w 3.75 BS
Replacing the 3.5" RE springs w 4" Clayton softer ride
Quadratec Soft Top

Any advice?
TJ-Bville is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.