Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

First Post- offset rims or spacers?

681 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Wheelin98TJ 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, first post.

I just got a WJ, (I know I'm not technically a 'Jeep' guy) and I want it to look great and do great offroad.

First things first, I was hoping to get either a 2 or 3 inch lift (Rough Country doesn't offer a 3 inch, any other brands recommended?).

Here's my main question. With a 2 or 3 inch lift, what size tires and rims should I get? Right now it's all stock, 245/70/r17. But I want some A/T's and I want the tires coming out the sides of the jeep a little bit. I can't quite understand the difference between backspace and offset but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!:D

#2 ·
Offset is the difference between the mounting face and the center line of the wheel. Backspacing is the difference between the mounting face and the inside lip of the wheel (i.e. lower backspacing means mounting face closer to inside rim and thus tire/wheel pushed outward). They are related but different concepts. I think around here you'll find most people talk in terms of backspacing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.