Finally need a lift kit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Finally need a lift kit

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 05-31-2001, 01:54 AM   #1
Soup

Finally need a lift kit

I have decided that it is time to finally make a decision on what brand of lift kit to buy. However, I was recently advised of a new problem that I might have. I have an 89 YJ wit a hardtop and have just replaced the engine with a small block 350 Chevy. Will this combo be to heavy for a normal liftkit?

I really didn't want to go over 2.5" of lift but I am worried that all of the kits that I read about will sag with the extra weight. Any help or tips will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2001, 01:11 PM   #2
rayray

Wow! I never thought I would say this, but a Procomp system might actually work well for you (since it's so still). Like any other suspension, it will settle some.

rayray
rayray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2001, 04:40 PM   #3
goofus
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I made the mistake of putting Rancho RS 5000's on my girlfriend's YJ and found out just how STIFF those things are. In your case, they would probably last longer and prevent your travel from bottoming out.
2000 SE
1997 XJ
85 FJ-60
goofus is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.