Fierce Attitude MT - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Fierce Attitude MT

Rugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped OGreat prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadOconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!

Unread 02-02-2012, 02:39 PM   #61
98xjroks
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by julietkilo View Post
went shopping for tires yesterday, discount tire had both MTR's and BFGs in their stock at other locations, they could ship them in whenever I wanted. They are available you just need to know where to look.
Which store location and I'll get on the phone? My Discount tire said that there weren't any anywhere in the US. They had one set of BFG 345/75/16 in AZ that belonged to a customer. No MTR's in a 315/75/16 or 37 17's

98xjroks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2012, 09:44 PM   #62
julietkilo
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98xjroks View Post
Which store location and I'll get on the phone? My Discount tire said that there weren't any anywhere in the US. They had one set of BFG 345/75/16 in AZ that belonged to a customer. No MTR's in a 315/75/16 or 37 17's
abilene tx location told me and showed me on their computer that a few stores had them in sets of 4, they could get them in the 35 1250 15 in a few days. I stuck with the 315/75R16 Maxxis bighorn since I have run them on two other trucks.

Air Force Loadmaster/Air Force Jeep Club [B]#12[/B]
[B][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/i-am-petersens-4wheel-off-road-magazine-pics-526488/"]Me in Petersons 4-Wheel Off-Road Magazine[/URL]
[/B][/SIZE]
julietkilo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2012, 08:50 AM   #63
Skeezer
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Ordered mine today. Getting them installed on Friday! Will take pics and give an honest review after I beat on them in the Pine Barrens this weekend!
Unread 01-28-2014, 02:49 PM   #64
gsaxe
2007 JK Wrangler 

bump for updates on the fierce, not the availablity of mtrs

"Seems like alot and I can't say for a fact that it was all needed but that's what happens from reading forums." Jimk403
gsaxe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2014, 08:51 AM   #65
cj7guy
2007 JK Wrangler 

I bought a set of Fierce MTs for my JK. I went to a 285/70 on 17" Moabs, and I honestly can't believe any of the naysayers, particularly ones that haven't driven these. In short, they're fantastic tires.

I don't care about spiderwebs, skull and crossbones, rock shift knobs, grenade shift knobs, etc. I just like things that function, and function well.

The Fierce MT was a lower price than many other MTs, but guys on the JK forum reported good results so I decided to give them a try. I have had fantastic results. They're great on mud and snow. And you can go 100mph on them (although they're rated for 93) and the wind noise in a JK is far louder than the tire noise.

What's up with all the tire spec bench racing? Talk about lame, quit trying to explain all the technical reasons why this tire is going to perform or not perform in any given situation given the lug spacing or some other nonsense. I've had many Jeeps on many tires, and I have to say that the Fierce MT is as good or better than the BFG AT in the snow. It's fantastic in mud and rocks, and balances better than a lot of other tires out there. The installer only needed a few ounces to balance them, and as I mentioned before, if you have occasion to find a long straight stretch of runway, they'll go 100mph without any trouble. These are balanced as well as the Nittos on my sports car.

Everyone quit trying to find fault, they work, they work well, and they're more affordable than most of the comparable options. They may not be the finest off-road tire ever made. If the dumb graphics on the side wall are a deal breaker for you, then go work on your GTL instead of wheeling.

They also tuck pretty nicely inside the fender flares if you don't add wheel spacers.
jk-mts.jpg  
Unread 02-10-2014, 03:04 PM   #66
kabbpowerwagon

i am not a kelly fan purely because i have seen them last 35k and then i see them last 15k. Just the inconsistency bugs me but. I also don't care for the looks of it, i feel like it has a cheaper look to it as opposed to the others
kabbpowerwagon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2014, 06:03 PM   #67
jserna
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Hey Cj, how load are they?
jserna is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2014, 02:13 PM   #68
Ed209
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj7guy View Post

The Fierce MT was a lower price than many other MTs,
The Fierce Attitude appears to be a GY MT mud tire, because Discount tire also sells it, rather than a Sears private brand,

The stock size on my TJ Rubi is LT245/75x16. At Sears, the Fierce Attitude is $203, but the Cooper STT is only $177, Hankook Dynapro MT is $205, and GY's premier tire, the MTR/K is $214, only $11 more.

They are $232 at Discount tire and there is only one(1) in their 3 warehouses. The Cooper STT is $201, Hankook Dynapro MT is $204, GY Duratrac is $214, and the MTR/K is $259.

So in my size, not only are they are not a bargain, but I'd be concerned about finding replacements and ending up like I am now - carrying around a brand new old style MTR spare, which I can't match with a new set of 4.
Ed209 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2014, 08:30 AM   #69
Ed209
2004 TJ Wrangler 

If this is GY's serious attempt to finally offer a true mud tire and not just the maximum traction MTR/K and Duratrac hybrid, why wouldn't they offer the popular 15"?
Ed209 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2014, 01:14 AM   #70
rubi08unlimited

i got over 40K out of my 35x12.5.17 Goodyear Fierce Attitudes and now have a like new spare and 4 tires that would make excellent spares. message me for details, I"m in Keene NH. andre.mcbreairty@gmail.com
rubi08unlimited is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.