Fierce Attitude MT - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Fierce Attitude MT

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-11-2010, 05:49 PM   #46
jeremy04949
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Wish they would come in 31-35'' on 15''. I guess they don't care about money that much! There name is know more stupid then Pitbulls tread design.

jeremy04949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2011, 11:20 AM   #47
julietkilo
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Just saw these at my local AAFES and they are more all terrain than mud terrain. They are definately aimed at the younger off road "look" crowd. Dont know about the quality but I wouldnt buy them for the aformentioned reasons in this thread.

Air Force Loadmaster/Air Force Jeep Club [B]#12[/B]
[B][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/i-am-petersens-4wheel-off-road-magazine-pics-526488/"]Me in Petersons 4-Wheel Off-Road Magazine[/URL]
[/B][/SIZE]
julietkilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2011, 11:22 AM   #48
NCJeepn
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by julietkilo View Post
Just saw these at my local AAFES and they are more all terrain than mud terrain. They are definately aimed at the younger off road "look" crowd. Dont know about the quality but I wouldnt buy them for the aformentioned reasons in this thread.
Would have to disagree with you.... much deeper tread that the duratrac which is an AT. The fierce is a strong preforming MT as I have witnessed them in action on a few rigs... they are simply following the trend of hybrid tires merging the gap between AT and MT tires, with wear, better sipping, more balanced on and off rd performance. Following suit behind other tires similar tires like the maxxtraction by dulop, the km2, mtr, duratrac, mtz. My Buddy Seekrtruth is running these in 33" flava and he runs them in mud and rock as low at 15psi. for the price they are a hell of a tire and aimed not as simply an "off road look", but as a well priced, good preforming 10ply mud terrain.
NCJeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2011, 02:23 AM   #49
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Any new updates on these tires ? I see a decent bit of XJ's and TJ's running them in my area
Unread 11-13-2011, 10:48 PM   #50
AstroZombie
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I've got a set and they have done great for me. Through the mud they clean out well, and on the rocks running 10-13psi they have given me no problems. No chunking like my previous set of MTRs, and no cupping. I was not fond of the name, or the sidewall design but for the price I paid, they could have pink easter bunnies on the sidewall and I'd still run them!

USN Jeep Club Hull # 199
AstroZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2011, 04:44 PM   #51
ynkydodle3
2013 JK Wrangler 

has anyone seen any video reviews of these tires? i have looked and only seen one video out there and its not really helpful. I just orderd five of these i will see how they are once they get here.
ynkydodle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2011, 04:10 PM   #52
rubizen
2013 JK Wrangler 

Have been looking into these tires also. Here is a link to a video.

Unread 12-05-2011, 11:29 AM   #53
ynkydodle3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Yea thats the only vid i have found also. I was hoping to find a review video posted somewhere. i have looked everywhere and found nothing. thanks for posting it. hopfully my tires will be in this week. im gonna check these out after reading all the rewiews i could find on all the different forums.
Unread 12-06-2011, 05:26 AM   #54
seekrtruth
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Trust me...These tires are great! for the price I paid well worth it!!! They are 10 ply and work well in mud and rocks, I run mine as low as 12 psi and haven't yet had a problem. I've gotten close to 35,000 miles on mine and they are holding well over half tread, wear is great and very Quite on the rd. just my 2 cents from running these tires for over a year. Friends have been so impressed with them that my buddy put them on his Jk after running Nitto's, 2 other friends put them on their TJ's one after running Cooper STT's and one running Procomp extreme MT's, Even my friend put them on his F-250 for his tow rig.
Unread 12-06-2011, 10:52 AM   #55
julietkilo
2003 TJ Wrangler 

2 ply sidewall, 10 ply doesnt really mean anything as far as durability is concerned. "While there is no industry-wide definition of ply rating, truck tires are frequently marked with ply rating and equivalent Load Range." Its advertising banter...

Goodyear MTR, BFGoodrich KM2, and some Pro Comp tires are true 3 ply thick sidewall designs.

[B][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/i-am-petersens-4wheel-off-road-magazine-pics-526488/"]Me in Petersons 4-Wheel Off-Road Magazine[/URL]
[/B][/SIZE]
Unread 12-06-2011, 12:51 PM   #56
seekrtruth
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by julietkilo View Post
2 ply sidewall, 10 ply doesnt really mean anything as far as durability is concerned. "While there is no industry-wide definition of ply rating, truck tires are frequently marked with ply rating and equivalent Load Range." Its advertising banter...

Goodyear MTR, BFGoodrich KM2, and some Pro Comp tires are true 3 ply thick sidewall designs.
I agree with you about the ply ratings. Ply ratings are simply a total of both sidewall and tread plys which applies more to load capacity, where as the sidewall ply applies to more durability. but it also makes a big difference in what compound is used for the sidewalls.

Of course the Fierce Mt is no MTRk or PBR , I'm just simply giving my experience with the Tire.
I've Ran Uwharrie, The Flats, Windrock, Hurricane Creek, Shining Rock, with these tires at 12 to 16 psi with no problems! But yes I keep a spare. For the price they where hard to beat @ $700 for a set of 285's mounted and balanced.
Unread 12-06-2011, 03:38 PM   #57
ynkydodle3
2013 JK Wrangler 

tires came in today. im gonna pick them up saturday and get them on. ill let you guys know what i think of them once there on. thanks for the info on these guys.
Unread 12-08-2011, 01:58 PM   #58
tjtrucker
2000 TJ Wrangler 

It is a good looking tire, but I don't think they come in a 15" rim size.
tjtrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2012, 02:36 PM   #59
98xjroks
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynkydodle3 View Post
tires came in today. im gonna pick them up saturday and get them on. ill let you guys know what i think of them once there on. thanks for the info on these guys.

Whats the verdict?

Called Goodyear today and the MTR is on national backorder with no release date in site. I also can't find a set of KM2's to save my life.
I was told that the manufactures have backed off of the offroad tire production due to a "predicted retail slow down". Nice prediction! Anyway, the Goodyear store recommended I take a hard look at this tire and told me that I could save $100 a tire over the MTR. I'm heavily considering the MTZ and $100 savings a tire sounds pretty hard to overlook.

I also sw a Fierce MT mounted on a wheel sitting on the show room floor at TeraFlex. They must think they're alright.
98xjroks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2012, 09:38 AM   #60
julietkilo
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98xjroks View Post
Whats the verdict?

Called Goodyear today and the MTR is on national backorder with no release date in site. I also can't find a set of KM2's to save my life.
I was told that the manufactures have backed off of the offroad tire production due to a "predicted retail slow down". Nice prediction! Anyway, the Goodyear store recommended I take a hard look at this tire and told me that I could save $100 a tire over the MTR. I'm heavily considering the MTZ and $100 savings a tire sounds pretty hard to overlook.

I also sw a Fierce MT mounted on a wheel sitting on the show room floor at TeraFlex. They must think they're alright.
went shopping for tires yesterday, discount tire had both MTR's and BFGs in their stock at other locations, they could ship them in whenever I wanted. They are available you just need to know where to look.

[/B][/SIZE]

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.