Fierce Attitude MT - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Fierce Attitude MT

New Vendor - ARTEC Industries Battery MountsComplete Axle Options Expanded !!!! ECGSNEW Smittybilt Gen 2 9.5 winch at JeepHut.com

Unread 10-03-2010, 10:56 AM   #31
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'd be embarrassed to run a tire that said "Fierce Attitude" on its sidewall. How DO they come up with tire names like Fierce Attitude?

Fierce Attitude sounds more like a hair gel.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2010, 12:25 PM   #32
seekrtruth
2001 TJ Wrangler 

The name is pretty Damn Cheezy! I wan't argue with ya there......Which is why I'm going to shoe polish the white lettering. But a heck of an MT for the price....
seekrtruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2010, 01:47 PM   #33
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I doubt the shoe polish or even shoe dye (as I used to use) will turn the white lettering black. Something about the newer rubbers used that don't let that stuff soak in. I would just have the tires mounted black sidewall out.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2010, 08:09 AM   #34
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford View Post

Fierce Attitude sounds more like a hair gel.

That does sound like a name for hair gel. Made me laugh.

Although the name is a bit cheezy I wouldn't walk away from the tire because of it. Just like I won't purchase a BFG or MTR just because of the name. You need to look at your needs and what fits them.
2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Limited Edition #41
6spd manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
...there's very little that is more permanent than a temporary solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep
Go with quality and cry once. Go cheap and cry often. Take your pick ;)
LJ Owners Group member #110
Fargo is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2010, 07:22 AM   #35
MT_Ranger
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I asked my tire shop about the FA MTs. His reply was that I didn't want them because the sidewalls seemed thin and that he'd had most of them returned for road hazard replacement. Cuts in the sidewall, punctures, etc.

I'm going with MT/Rs myself.

[SIZE="4"][B][COLOR="Red"]Red Jeep Club Member #552[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][SIZE="4"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="4"][/SIZE]
MT_Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2010, 07:53 AM   #36
seekrtruth
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah they had issues with the first run....like 3 years ago. recalled a bunch. But from what research I did and my local tire shop that builds off-rd rigs and sells a ton of name brand tires, MTR, KM2, MTZ, etc...they told me that the 265 and 285's now are 10 ply....which they started out at 6.. reenforced the sidewalls and added better shoulder lugs and better sipping.
seekrtruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2010, 09:20 AM   #37
89islander
1989 YJ Wrangler 

there are some guys around my town (pretty serious off-roaders) that are sporten the fierce attiudes on there trucks and they havent had any complaints as far as i know... the tsr's, if you havent noticed, are pret near the exact same tread pattern though and cheaper at all the places i've looked
hope this helps
89islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2010, 09:17 PM   #38
Mike97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB3 View Post
IME with Cooper ST, self cleaning ridges aka stone kickers do actually work very well for improving self cleaning of mud and snow. So much so that a tire with cleaning ridges can IME that I've witnessed clean itself as good as a tire with wider voids between lugs, but no cleaning ridges.

That's why I think it's possible the Duractrac might self clean in mud as good as the Fierce Attitude MT that has no self cleaning ridges. The FAMT has only slightly bigger voids between outer lugs, and no self cleaning ridges.
I 2nd the S/T's. I ran them on my ZJ in 245/75/16, and they were VERY good in mud. They'd self clean very well, I could actually throw a pretty good roostertail with them. Only time I got stuck wasn't for lack of traction, it was that I was sunk in the mud up to the floorpan.

One thing I learned with the S/T's was the value of siping. The S/T's don't have much, the only place that tire WASN'T excellent was on hardpacked snow and ice. On hardpacked snow it was actually pretty lowsy. MUCH better in the looser stuff.

In fact my STT's were much better on hardpacked than the S/T's. So now, any mud tire with siping interests me.

Back on topic, I like the look of the Fierce. No the name isn't the best, but that's why tires come in blackwall too. Kumho and Hankook are kinda silly sounding names too, but people run those. I'd just never run 'em white letters out.
Mike97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2010, 11:43 AM   #39
slow1964
2010 JK Wrangler 

I have had them for about six months in both mud, snow and ice. they handle well have very little road noise, clean out well. And with the black side wall lettering they look pretty good.
slow1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2010, 02:41 PM   #40
GA95YJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Looks exactly like these tires by Dunlop.
Car Tires by Make, Model, and Size - Walmart.com
Unread 12-06-2010, 07:17 AM   #41
seekrtruth
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I went with white letters out to be a little different....liked how MTR's/kelvar looked and they only come in a 33 with white letters....The Fierce do have self cleaning lugs....they worked on rock, mud, trail, much better than I ever thought...

[IMG]
Unread 12-06-2010, 08:20 AM   #42
cumminsjeep24
1997 XJ Cherokee 

THESE TIRES ARE A DUNLOP BRAND TIRE. and from what I have read about them, they are not bad tires. My buddy works at a shop in PA here and all the the trucks that the gas companies use are either Dunlop Maxx tractions, Duratracs, or these. and im not talking PSE&G gas companies. These are the Marcellus Shale gas companies that drive off road all day long. you should see the tires when they come back, I have never seen a more beat up tire. and they go through tires about every 3 or 4 months. I was playing around with a set of these a couple weeks ago when I was at the shop. Im not going to lie I liked them. The barbed wire was cheesy as hel, but they had a really soft compound that seemed like it would work well on rocks and in the winter. and they were about 50 bucks less a tire than the duratracs and look much beefier in the tread pattern. The only thing that I didnt like about them was that they had a really squishy sidewall. and that was in an 33" E load range tire for an F-350. So I dont know what a C load range on a Jeep would be. They may conform to rocks well with a soft sidewall, but I wouldnt want to risk punchering. If you are going to run trails with occasional mud holes, These seem like they would be a kickas* tire. Even on the street they look like they would be good as well. If I got a set of these, I would run them as winter tires/DD tires and use my kevlars on the rocks.
cumminsjeep24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2010, 10:30 AM   #43
seekrtruth
2001 TJ Wrangler 

They are a divison of Kelly...but both dunlop and kelly are sub-companies of Goodyear. They are load E with a 10 ply tire. I was told they went from a 2 ply to a 3 ply re-enforced sidewalls on the last couple of years...no way stronger than Kevlars...but really not bad. I've played on some rock running 16psi...did surprisingly well!
Unread 12-10-2010, 01:10 PM   #44
CB3
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike97ZJ View Post
I 2nd the S/T's. I ran them on my ZJ in 245/75/16, and they were VERY good in mud. They'd self clean very well, I could actually throw a pretty good roostertail with them. Only time I got stuck wasn't for lack of traction, it was that I was sunk in the mud up to the floorpan.

One thing I learned with the S/T's was the value of siping. The S/T's don't have much, the only place that tire WASN'T excellent was on hardpacked snow and ice. On hardpacked snow it was actually pretty lowsy. MUCH better in the looser stuff.

In fact my STT's were much better on hardpacked than the S/T's. So now, any mud tire with siping interests me.

Back on topic, I like the look of the Fierce. No the name isn't the best, but that's why tires come in blackwall too. Kumho and Hankook are kinda silly sounding names too, but people run those. I'd just never run 'em white letters out.
My ST actually did good on packed snow and ice AFTER I added more sipes to center treads. But they were terrible on those surfaces before I added more sipes.
CB3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2010, 02:58 PM   #45
Mike97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB3 View Post
My ST actually did good on packed snow and ice AFTER I added more sipes to center treads. But they were terrible on those surfaces before I added more sipes.
Yeah, I can see how that would help. Actually, with added siping like that, IMO those would be an excellent, if not ideal, all around tire.

Only problem is the prices have shot up so much, the GY Duratracs are now cheaper, and they already have siping.
Mike97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.