Falken Wild Peak AT vs. Falken Rocky Mountain ATS - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Falken Wild Peak AT vs. Falken Rocky Mountain ATS

WJ Tube Doors Now Available!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 02-20-2012, 05:47 AM   #16
WXman
2001 WJ 

Well I ended up ordering the Rocky Mountain ATS version because it was a few bucks cheaper. Ended up getting 3 good tires, and 1 bad tire. The one is out-of-round I believe...because two different shops have attempted to balance it and have even spun the tire on the wheel to try and help the situation and they can't get it balanced.

So, I get to call DTD up today and see what they'll do for me. Sigh..

Otherwise I like the tires so far. They are quiet but they do pick up small rocks a lot. The tread is a little squirmy, but that's probably because they are a softer compound for offroad use. The fact that they are so quiet means there is lower rolling resistence and my gas mileage hasn't taken a giant hit like it would with a MT tire.

UPDATE: SO.. I called up DTD on the phone and these guys continue to amaze me. After explaining how I tried my best with two different shops to get the 4th tire balanced with no luck, the tech immediately had a new tire put in the system to be shipped to me. All I have to do is get my new tire mounted, slap the provided shipping label onto the bad tire, and drop it off at UPS. Piece of cake. DTD is one of those rare companies that goes above and beyond to provide great customer service.

As long as I'm treated this way, I will always be a DTD customer and will recommend them to everyone.

'11 Mango Tango JKU Sport - Mods
'12 Dozer JKU Sport S - 6-speed - ACE rock rails - Max Tow package - Daystar spacers - 33x12.50 Duratracs
WXman is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #17
gimp480

Save money on tires!cracked discount tires secret!

i know its a long post but its funny and it WILL SAVE YOU LOTS OF MONEY!get this!i was looking for a cheap at tire for my van because the ones on it where toast.so i saw the falken rocky mountain ats 2.well im getting rid of van so i wanted to save as much as i could without killing myself by buying a set from a road side tire shop.you know the ones im talking about.the $399 for four rims and tires and english is not really understood.THATS WHEN I DID IT,I UNCOVERED THE SECRET OF BEATING DISCOUNT TIRE.I FOUND OUT THEIR DIRTY BIG SECRET THEY DIDNT THINK WE WOULD EVER FIND OUTok caps off.they wanted $149 for my falken rocky mountain ats 2.so i looked around and found out they are for most part made just for discount tires.well when i looked at what they wanted for them in THEIR stores in other states i fell out of my chair!their prices on wheels as well as tires where all over the place.in phx az like i said they want $149 but if you look at their price for the same tire it was $110 in Florida and more in other states and with the words special price in a yellow banner for same tire.when i pointed this out to the salesman get got all nasty and defensive.saying that we price competitors pricing only.i said each one of your store compete with each other all the time.like most tire sales,best customer satisfaction and many other ways therefore your competitors and im sure the department of weight and measurements along with the attorney general will too.so after he had his say i sad i would do one or more of these three things.1 call everyone i just said including the main office for discount 2buy them online from the Florida store for $110 and have them shipped here for free 3 call my lawyer and have the court make you pay all court cost,give me a free set and might even walk away with some good folding money.i then told him i just recorded this call and to send my employee home and hung up.he called me back 4 or 5 times but i didnt answer.then called my employee and told him to come back.he was walking out when the salesman asked where he was going,he said my boss said if your not going to match your other store to just come back.then salesman started in on him wiith you cant drive on them tires or your going to crash and get hurt.my employee said its ok im right down the road and my boss has four other vehicles i can drive then went out the door just then i called him to see where he was at and he said he was still there and smoking a cig before he left.just as he tells me he is getting in the van now the salesman came running out and i could tell by the sound of his voice over the cell he wasnt happy about it but he said,ok your right i'll match the price of $110 they will try like hell to not do it but their meet or beat any installed price says they have to and thats by law.i hope this saves lots of you money
gimp480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 03:39 PM   #18
mschi772
Web Wheeler

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimp480 View Post
i know its a long post but its funny and it WILL SAVE YOU LOTS OF MONEY!get this!i was looking for a cheap at tire for my van because the ones on it where toast.so i saw the falken rocky mountain ats 2.well im getting rid of van so i wanted to save as much as i could without killing myself by buying a set from a road side tire shop.you know the ones im talking about.the $399 for four rims and tires and english is not really understood.THATS WHEN I DID IT,I UNCOVERED THE SECRET OF BEATING DISCOUNT TIRE.I FOUND OUT THEIR DIRTY BIG SECRET THEY DIDNT THINK WE WOULD EVER FIND OUTok caps off.they wanted $149 for my falken rocky mountain ats 2.so i looked around and found out they are for most part made just for discount tires.well when i looked at what they wanted for them in THEIR stores in other states i fell out of my chair!their prices on wheels as well as tires where all over the place.in phx az like i said they want $149 but if you look at their price for the same tire it was $110 in Florida and more in other states and with the words special price in a yellow banner for same tire.when i pointed this out to the salesman get got all nasty and defensive.saying that we price competitors pricing only.i said each one of your store compete with each other all the time.like most tire sales,best customer satisfaction and many other ways therefore your competitors and im sure the department of weight and measurements along with the attorney general will too.so after he had his say i sad i would do one or more of these three things.1 call everyone i just said including the main office for discount 2buy them online from the Florida store for $110 and have them shipped here for free 3 call my lawyer and have the court make you pay all court cost,give me a free set and might even walk away with some good folding money.i then told him i just recorded this call and to send my employee home and hung up.he called me back 4 or 5 times but i didnt answer.then called my employee and told him to come back.he was walking out when the salesman asked where he was going,he said my boss said if your not going to match your other store to just come back.then salesman started in on him wiith you cant drive on them tires or your going to crash and get hurt.my employee said its ok im right down the road and my boss has four other vehicles i can drive then went out the door just then i called him to see where he was at and he said he was still there and smoking a cig before he left.just as he tells me he is getting in the van now the salesman came running out and i could tell by the sound of his voice over the cell he wasnt happy about it but he said,ok your right i'll match the price of $110 they will try like hell to not do it but their meet or beat any installed price says they have to and thats by law.i hope this saves lots of you money
Who taught you how to write?! I had to put way too much effort into reading that mess, and I'm still not sure I got it all.

P.S. Falken ATSs are decent tires, so if you really love them for some reason, more power to you.... But there are better tires for the same or less money and way less work(depending on size of course).
mschi772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 08:45 AM   #19
jserna
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I have seen AT 2 listed on some tire websites but no pictures. I wonder if they are going to come out with a different (hopefully more aggressive version) tire?
jserna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 09:03 AM   #20
Kodiak17
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jserna View Post
I have seen AT 2 listed on some tire websites but no pictures. I wonder if they are going to come out with a different (hopefully more aggressive version) tire?
Rumor is they're working on a hybrid/mud category tire.

My build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/thor-dd-weekend-warrior-1348534/
Kodiak17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 03:09 PM   #21
jserna
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Cool!!
jserna is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.