Factory take offs...who buys them? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Factory take offs...who buys them?

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Headlight Pair1997 - 2001 Jeep Cherokee Header Panel

Unread 01-02-2014, 07:47 AM   #16
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivelstang4 View Post
I scored a set of 5 of the JK 18's with practically new tires(Bridgestone Dueler A/T's) on craigslist for $300 last week. I love them on my WJ with the 2 inch Fat Bobs springs.
This is a good answer/example to the OP's question in this post.

There is a lot of good parts and good deals out there.

Unread 01-10-2014, 07:18 PM   #17
rockphc
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I was one of those TJ (LJ) guys that bought the take offs. 2013 Sahara wheels and tires, 4k miles on em. Even after buying the adapters I saved about $250 vs just buying new tires, on top of that I gained 2 inches height and .5 width of tire switching over. Plus the slightly wider stance looks good. Not much a fan of the 18" rims but I'll be moving on from em once these tires wear out.
Unread 01-22-2014, 12:31 AM   #18
fayceoff
Ninja pirate
1999 WJ 

I snagged an immaculate set of 5 18" Saharas last week for $125. I'm going to paint or powdercoat them and put them on my '99 WJ when I find a similarly excellent deal on tires.

"Be polite... Be professional... But have a plan to kill everyone you meet."

Engine compartment LED mod http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/...te-up-2260105/
fayceoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2014, 04:06 PM   #19
hewesyourdaddy
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I grabbed 4 2013/2014 (style 9118 ) Rubicon wheels and tires last week with less than 50 miles on them. They added noticeable height, ride better, and look better. With the adapters, I have no more rubbing at full lock. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f59/t...0/index10.html Mine is the yellow TJ near the bottom of the page.
hewesyourdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2014, 08:08 PM   #20
Demp
2013 JK Wrangler 

Even back when I had a TJ, I saw people with more basic models buying up the more unique sport/sahara and rubicon wheels for their base models. Still a common practice on the JK, now the Sahara and Rubicon has a unique wheel compared to the two basic packages.

My first jeep was a 93 4cyl YJ with those generic steel wheels. Got some of the wheels off a Sahara at the time, huge improvement.
Demp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2014, 06:57 AM   #21
paroxysym
2007 WK 

i think i scored 5 JK sahara rims and tires off craigslist and run them on my WK. they original owner swapped the original bridgestone dueler ATs for some HT 684s, which is more of a highway tire. the spare still has a brand new dueler AT on it. i will be buying 4 bridgestone dueler ATs off someone ditching them on craigslist when the time comes. they wear great and actually arent THAT bad on my DD WK. im sure in light wheeling they wouldnt be too bad either.

theres alot of guys ditching 5 JK Moabs and BFG Mts with a few thousand miles on there for $500 or so which is a great deal for rims and tires.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.