Exploder Rims - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Exploder Rims

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 07-13-2010, 04:35 PM   #1
pinstripefan90
1994 ZJ 

Exploder Rims

I know explorer rims and jeep rims are the same 5 x 4.5 bolt pattern but since I am new to owning a jeep I was wondering if you guys have run into this issue before, I recently bought a '94 ZJ and haven't had a chance to register it yet but the other day after work I decided to throw my set of exploder rims I had laying around on it w/ my 31's so I bolted them up, threw the dealer plate on the jeep and drove it out of the shop, as I was stopping I herd a clunking noise coming from the rear that sounded like I left a caliper bolt out or something so I pulled over and look under the jeep, nothing was obviously falling off or broken so I turned around and went back into the shop and threw it in the air. I found nothing loose and then when checking everything out I realized that the clunking was the rotor moving and hitting the studs, so I know the explorer rims have different backspacing and even though they are tight they aren't clamping down the hat of the rotors so I think i'll just buy a set of wheel spacers so I have something to clamp the rotors down w/ but I am wondering what have you guys done if you have been confronted w/ this problem...thanks

- Jake

pinstripefan90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
backspacing , ford 8.8 , rims , rims spacer backspace

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.